Need Advise Which Company To Go With

Maybe the reason that NYL has a much higher than average retention rate is that they screen applicants so thoroughly.
Most companies that I've come across are happy just doing the mirror test. I know that there are other good companies out there, but don't judge every company manager by one who you may have not liked. This is not an easy business and to be successful at it takes hard work and great work ethic. The figures don't lie, but to be able to accomplish them week after week is rare.

I can see why the manager didn't want to spend another minute with you.

I've got no problem prospecting family & friends, if I did I wouldn't be getting into this industry because its standard. What I meant was, I needed an informative meet to basically find out what NYL is all about. I was told they'll answer all my questions when I come in for said meeting. I got a bad impression from them. I'd like to give them a chance if anyone currently at NYL could give an opinion.

NYL is obv a good company but I guess it all depends on the managers/agents in each branch.

I've got no problem prospecting family & friends, if I did I wouldn't be getting into this industry because its standard. What I meant was, I needed an informative meet to basically find out what NYL is all about. I was told they'll answer all my questions when I come in for said meeting. I got a bad impression from them. I'd like to give them a chance if anyone currently at NYL could give an opinion.

NYL is obv a good company but I guess it all depends on the managers/agents in each branch.

You've got a thicker skin than most - so that's a plus for you. I had started with a company that was truly crappy and scamlike which led me to waste a lot of time trying to "figure things out" and look for a better legitimate deal.

NYL is a kind of company that one can feel confident about - so that one can forget everything else and focus exclusively on selling life insurance - and get amply rewarded for the honest work.

Most managers at any agency suck and only care about what you can bring in the first few months. Most veterans who know their stuff are either too busy or don't want to share with you what they know (if you think about it, why should they?). It's really all up to you to train yourself (regardless of where you end up). Get basic facts about life insurance, read a couple of reputable books on selling and learn the rest through trial and error. Focus, focus, focus. JMO

Thanks for all the advice. I would be interested to know from those with experience what separates a successful life insurance agent from the ones that don't make it. What do they do differently?

Back