Need some help with lead democraphics

I'm compiling the leads Ill be sending and just want to run these by yall. This is the criteria I currently have:

LIS/Low income
Income: $0-35K
No PO Boxes (for all leads)

MAPD
Income: $40k-60K

Supplement
Income: (unsure)
Never sent supp mailers before. Are these gonna be mostly underwriting clients (changing to lower cost plans)? Or what should I be expecting? If im gonna be doing mostly underwritten apps Id rather save myself the headache.

for DSNP / Lis I would drop the age down to 55-75, income 0-18k MAPD 66-75 19k-40k

for DSNP / Lis I would drop the age down to 55-75, income 0-18k MAPD 66-75 19k-40k

During regular times on dsnp 55-75 ok . During aep I disagree as you’re going to get a shit ton of Medicaid only time wasters during aep ages 55-63 .95% of leads 64-78 will have Medicare card . Aep is about efficiency. After running 300 k mailers min last 3 yrs I’ve seen no difference in response rates 55-78 or 64-78. But I’ve seen a big difference in the 2 age groups as far as quality of ready to write

Last edited:
On the Demographics you’re doing the mailers you’ll pull .3% if you’re lucky . Dsnp lis 0-$20k , ages 64-78, no P.O. Boxes. If you’re mailing near a big city exclude apartments . Tons of seniors even in $300-$500k houses show little income . Mailing to $35k you’re going to be mailing to a batch of upper income . UPPER INCOME DOESN’T RESPOND TO DIRECT MAIL. Mapd again do ages 64-78. Income 25-50k if your hell bent on some higher income . Many serial mailers from 80-85 with memory issues . Many older people have children that help them. If you move those 80-85 yr olds without their kids it’s a complaint . Supplement super tough . Responses will be very low. I’m mailing 75k mailers starting the 2nd week of aug . 10k a week for 7 1/2 straight weeks . I’m mailing many areas 2 times to saturate my area and have 1-2 miles between appts.

75k mailers...holy cow! Appreciate this info. Didn't think about the 80+ year old tip, thats huge. And now I remember...this exact thing happened to someone I know. Kid wasn't involved and it led to a complaint.

Yeah Im thinking of just forgetting the supplement mailers for now and including T65.

Back