New Agent. Looking where to work for WFH AEP.

I wrote a fair amount of U65 health insurance with Golden Rule before they were bought. It was a small, well run carrier when Pat Rooney was CEO. They were one of the pioneers of the HSA.

Off topic....but....Ahhhh. Those nice Golden Rule HSAs and/or 100% plans with decreasing deductible. Remember those?. My favorite. They have stood the test of time. I still have plenty of people on those. Next plan (Priority) available is still a few hundred higher per month with a large increase in deductible. United Health...that's the ONLY thing I did with that company.

I am amazed they are still the best option for those on them in my area. I stay away from U65 at all costs these days, but those plans...they are the best imo.

Incidentally, when I had to go back and take my licensing exam, I did the practice tests, one question was "are there any health plans with a decreasing deductible?" I answered yes, I got it wrong. LOL. Ummm...yah there actually is a plan like that...got a kick out of that. I even have my hubby on the GR/UH it's been great. Premium was stable for years. Just started getting out of control as he's fast approaching 65.

I do taxes and accounting but I'm looking to actually use my life and health license. From these companies, which one would you pick? SelectQuote, Tranzact, gohealth, and ehealth?

From what I've read, they aren't great but I'm just looking for work until tax season starts. And would just want the experience of working in the industry.

I know a few tax guys/gals who got into the life/health indy. They're doing well. None of them did this...they got a good FMO and went that way.

Not sure why you want to do those, I am not even familiar with that route. Not knocking it, just wouldn't have ever thought of entering that way or guiding someone that way. Maybe I could learn something here, but that's confusing ah to me.

I do my property management job business taxes, first AEP made me get behind in my books in just that small bit of tax stuff (3 large properties/communities)...you'll be busy bc about the time you finish AEP, OEP opens, but it's doable. LOL. Have fun! It's worth it.

What state are you? The “call-center” experience isn’t the best at all. I have recruited a few agents that have been with SelectQuote and EHealth….! Best way to “get into the industry is with an agency. Even if it’s just for AEP. I’m looking for 1-2 more agents.
what didnt they like about the call center?

Back