New Agent

jennlynn74

I am a newly licensed general p&c agent. I would like to know how I go about getting appointed and how difficult it is to start my own agency?

Im actually wanting some advice too. Im currently working at a small office to get experience but one day would love to have my own agency......

Experience I believe is important. Couldn't imagine just jumping into my own agency quite yet. But i'm a planner and need to know a start....

Thank you B61mack. I really appreciate the help. love that you weren't sarcastic with the answer. That's the kind of help I was going to get. : ) ,

Ok well im sorry but you are being very disrespectful. I respect the answer you gave me but there was no need to be rude and sarcastic. I appreciate the other answer that was given and actually helps a lot.

Ok well im sorry but you are being very disrespectful. I respect the answer you gave me but there was no need to be rude and sarcastic. I appreciate the other answer that was given and actually helps a lot.

What did he say to be disrespecful? Do you understand him and his english?

my advice wasn't fake enough so he took it as sarcastic. I was being serious if you are asking a general enough question like help me how do I get rich, there is too much specific advice I can give you so I gave you a starting reference point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out agencyequity.com he is on the forum he has a website on this subject.. use the search function.

there's a nine page report on that website. read it over and come back with specific questions. i'm moving from captive to indy and it is overwhelming. in texas, twfg.com looks like they would have most of what you need. i'm not endorsing them cause i have not personally used them.

Out of genuine concern for you, don't try to start an agency without experience. You don't know what you don't know yet. Promise.

Any carrier who appoints you without experience is not the type of carrier you will want to do business with.

Back