New Company Won't Sign Without Resigning from Other Carriers?

If they are

A. Willing to train you in an office environment
B. Willing to set you up with appointments
C. Willing to sign an UPFRONT promise of release, stating "as long as there is no unsecured debt, a release will be granted when requested"

Then I would go for it. As a new agent, you have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. Even if you have to wait 6 months for some carriers, you should be able to make due with other carriers.

Seriously, weigh your options.

If you think you can learn how to sell FE on your own, have money to invest into your own leads, are able to door knock your leads and set your own appointments, then get yerself sum street level contracts and go write sum bizzness!
Thank You so much,just in time too, because they sent me an email stating they were now ready to draw up a non compete instead of making me resign.So they backed down but it had some curious language about making sure I was committed and "protecting their investment".Could be just trying to make sure I stay engaged and don't present other componies on their appts ,which I already assured them I would not. But now I know ,thanks to you're help,what to look for in the contract when I get it. I am going to go out on a few appts next week just to get my feet wet and see if I'm comfortable . I'm also putting my marketing materials together to go knock on doors with my other companies ,probably next week. I'm going to target a different consumer type then they do ,in areas far from them so they can't claim there's a conflict. I would never go after their prospects,they are giving me an opportunity and it would be unethical. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back