New Concept of Direct Marketing

Direct Marketing is a great concept, but like what is mentioned above, the offer has to be a good one, and the messaging has to be right.

The steps the prospective consumer is asked to take have to be easy and reasonable as well.

Telemarketing and getting pre-set appointments will give you a better lead generator as well as brand your name. Mailers and flyer s only have a 1% return that sucks.

Telemarketing and getting pre-set appointments will give you a better lead generator as well as brand your name. Mailers and flyer s only have a 1% return that sucks.

Really depends on the product.

In all seriousness, I have 3 capitive agents retiring and 1 state farm non renewed (after 3 years) in my area. There offices are closing January. I am going to do print ads in the newspapers, but readership is older . there is an online buy available too, but I am skeptical. I never click on the ads on the newspaper sites.

I am trying to cost effectively get into many households - families with kids. I have mailed and mailed, with little results. I worked for a leaading direct mail agency for 10 years before going into the insurance business so i do know the strategy. But traditional direct mail seems to ineffective in my area. Even I receive about 3 mailings a day from agents at my home.

What are thoughts on billboards? I want to be out there when they get there letters from the captive companies saying their agent is changing --again.

May sound odd but have you thought of contacting local family organizations (or Mom organziations) like MOPS, local YMCA, preschools are always looking for donations for their auctions. Door knock, hang door hangers in a younger family neighborhood on a Saturday (when they are out in their yards working).

You may have trouble finding some restaurants to take you up on that offer because hungry people + unsolicited marketing does not make for a successful marketing strategy. People usually just want to eat and any flyers, especially non-menu flyers would just be unappreciated and thrown away, unless you have something pretty extraordinary to offer.

I think that marketing would be a total waste of money. Give me the money. It would be just as effective.

haha not marketing is a waste of time! Direct mail is really big but hopefully everyone here also has a website too! Get with the times agents!

Back