New Concept of Direct Marketing

Maybe...just maybe...if the pizza box said something like "If I can't save you $400 on your car insurance, the next pizza is on me".... maybe someone would respond. Kinda cheesy(no pun) but it might appeal to someone.

Personally, I've never read the box, as soon as it arrives it gets torn open and devoured by my children.

End result...even if you can't save them $400 bucks, you just paid $10 for a lead that's better than any internet lead you would have bought

Re: Direct Marketing

I'm thinking about testing out 3000 flyers, from 3 different restaurants in three different locations.

You can get 1,000 - 8.5 x 11 Full Color Double Sided Flyers / Toppers printed on 100# gloss text with AQ coating - shipped for only $249. 5,000 is only $399. $50 one time design fee.

You can cut these in half and double your amount. You could also give the restuarant the back side for their menu, coupons, etc AND sell ads on the front @ $69 each (on the 5,000 run). You can get 3 columns of ads - you keep the middle - sell the sides. Each side accomodates 3 - 2.5 x 3.5 ads - total of 6 ads - recouping your out of pocket.

Using the 3 panels - you can even fold the flyers into brochures and distribute in your areas.

I was thinking about Pizza boxes. Just to create awareness -- maybe some leads. We have a local "chain" - three locations in our surrounding towns. I thought I might be a good option.

Companies do it everyday.

You can get 1,000 - 8.5 x 11 Full Color Double Sided Flyers / Toppers printed on 100# gloss text with AQ coating - shipped for only $249. 5,000 is only $399. $50 one time design fee.

You can cut these in half and double your amount. You could also give the restuarant the back side for their menu, coupons, etc AND sell ads on the front @ $69 each (on the 5,000 run). You can get 3 columns of ads - you keep the middle - sell the sides. Each side accomodates 3 - 2.5 x 3.5 ads - total of 6 ads - recouping your out of pocket.

Using the 3 panels - you can even fold the flyers into brochures and distribute in your areas.

Are we in the advertising business or the business of selling insurance? Put that much time and effort in to door knocking and it will probably produce more dollars for the time invested. This type of stuff I think is avoidance behavior. That's my opinion and I will state that I might be wrong but I don't think I am. I have never bought insurance off of anyone because of a flyer.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm thankful that the DNC did not exist when I started. In my first three years I went through a criss cross of about 15k names twice making cold calls. Had more leads than I needed almost every week...if not, I made more cold calls.

Seems that all I hear & see is guys griping about getting crappy internet leads, etc.

The problem in marketing like this is that we constantly do what we intuitively thinks will or or makes sense.

We don't have access to enough quality data that allows us to find statistical links between certain attributes and a high likelihood of buying insurance, so most default to the cold calling approach because it's usually the most cost effective for them.

If LIMRA were more open about the sort of data they collect, that might be helpful.

You can cut your printing cost in half from the above pricing by using
GotPrint lowest pricing on the net. Fast turnaround.

I know a guy who put his name and logo on coffee cups and donated them to a local restaurant. Don't know if it got him any business but everybody knew his name and what he did for a living!

I know a guy who put his name and logo on coffee cups and donated them to a local restaurant. Don't know if it got him any business but everybody knew his name and what he did for a living!

I still say save your money!

Back