Update:

600 (roughly) distributed
4 responses
2 closes
AP $816

expense of $125

not great, but sample size is still small
enough to want to continue it and see what happens

How did you get the expense of $125? Is that just what the materials cost or is that also the labor?

Not to change the subject, but does anybody know if and when it is legal to put flyers on cars? I was thining of paying some college kids cash to do drops in specific locations that cater to our typical FE cllientel

btw can I see a pick of your knockers knockers?

Not to change the subject, but does anybody know if and when it is legal to put flyers on cars? I was thining of paying some college kids cash to do drops in specific locations that cater to our typical FE cllientel

I would think that would depend on your local city or county ordinance, therefore best to just call.

Mainly illegal. For example, you can't go through a mall parking lot putting flyers on cars because you're on managed property. You'll likely get a call from either security or property management.

Also expect calls from people claiming you damaged their car.

Mainly illegal. For example, you can't go through a mall parking lot putting flyers on cars because you're on managed property. You'll likely get a call from either security or property management.

Also expect calls from people claiming you damaged their car.

Yea.... I didn't think of that. "Doh". Perhaps you can do it with a Google Voice number that goes directly to voice mail. The number is untraceable and you don't have to call the bad ones back. If you have an Android phone you can have your outgoing calls match your Google Voice number.

Yea.... I didn't think of that. "Doh". Perhaps you can do it with a Google Voice number that goes directly to voice mail. The number is untraceable and you don't have to call the bad ones back. If you have an Android phone you can have your outgoing calls match your Google Voice number.

Check with your DOI regarding that kind of marketing. Also, if putting flyers on cars on private property is illegal, the management company might just contact the DOI directly. Or maybe another agent who got a flyer on his car?

Jerard said:

Lot of effort to shield yourself from the complaints. Just easier to not do it. I have thought of this as well and the risk out weighed the rewards.

I did it. Put flyers out on cars and actually got clients from it. I also got called from management security, pissed off car owners and the best one, a letter from the city stating my "per flyer" fine if I got caught doing it again.

By far not worth it.

Lot of effort to shield yourself from the complaints. Just easier to not do it. I have thought of this as well and the risk out weighed the rewards.

Hell no... I wouldn't do that myself, not at my age and in this Florida heat? I was just trying to toss out some ideas. But you guys are right, its not worth it.

Last edited:
Back