New Guy Seeking Advice

Viktor5Ca

Hey everyone, I'm the new guy! I'll do my best to keep this on point... I just recently got licensed for life and accident & health here in Ca and I'm pretty excited! Working at a life agency in a position that had nothing to do with sales, I had a lot of exposure to what goes on as a business as well as how important life and health are in life itself.
Upon expressing interest in taking one of those sales positions, things never got going for what I wanted while others were getting hired and trained for those same positions.
I took it upon myself to licensed and now I'm getting calls from captive recruiters representing companies that do not have a solid reputation for caring for their agents.
I do however have an opportunity to take a job in a field that I've held a majority of my working career and it looks good. I think I'm going to take it but now this leaves me having to find an agency with part time entry level sales position which just sounds like a needle in a haystack right now!
The next best thing I can think of is starting my own business, which seems to be the way to go, or seek out an agent willing to help me with my immediate goals... I do have one relative that had recently gone through an experience that has him talking seriously about getting a life policy and wants to be my first client, possibly his wife as well.
So, now I have my licenses, my first client(s), and the drive to get started. Should I just start up my business entity?

Thanks for your time everyone!

Hey everyone, I'm the new guy! I'll do my best to keep this on point... I just recently got licensed for life and accident & health here in Ca and I'm pretty excited! Working at a life agency in a position that had nothing to do with sales, I had a lot of exposure to what goes on as a business as well as how important life and health are in life itself.
Upon expressing interest in taking one of those sales positions, things never got going for what I wanted while others were getting hired and trained for those same positions.
I took it upon myself to licensed and now I'm getting calls from captive recruiters representing companies that do not have a solid reputation for caring for their agents.
I do however have an opportunity to take a job in a field that I've held a majority of my working career and it looks good. I think I'm going to take it but now this leaves me having to find an agency with part time entry level sales position which just sounds like a needle in a haystack right now!
The next best thing I can think of is starting my own business, which seems to be the way to go, or seek out an agent willing to help me with my immediate goals... I do have one relative that had recently gone through an experience that has him talking seriously about getting a life policy and wants to be my first client, possibly his wife as well.
So, now I have my licenses, my first client(s), and the drive to get started. Should I just start up my business entity?

Thanks for your time everyone!

Honestly? No. Get some more experience before you open your own shop.

I believe I have a pretty good idea, the agency is mainly over the phone and vast majority on those lines are women, after learning a feminine voice close sales best. It didn't used to be that way there was an equal ratio, then the men began to drop from those positions for one reason or another. My position is so basic but a necessity and only takes one person to do it... I'm starting my own family and now I need more, and not looking a hand out... not that they're passionate enough to give one anyway. I'm so ready to jump ship.

I believe I have a pretty good idea, the agency is mainly over the phone and vast majority on those lines are women, after learning a feminine voice close sales best. It didn't used to be that way there was an equal ratio, then the men began to drop from those positions for one reason or another. My position is so basic but a necessity and only takes one person to do it... I'm starting my own family and now I need more, and not looking a hand out... not that they're passionate enough to give one anyway. I'm so ready to jump ship.

Do you just want to do Life and Health or Property and Casualty. I think you will have a hard time finding anyone willing to pay you a salary in L and H. Is Liberty Mutual in Cali? I think they are one of the higher paying salary captives and a good training program too.

Do you just want to do Life and Health or Property and Casualty. I think you will have a hard time finding anyone willing to pay you a salary in L and H. Is Liberty Mutual in Cali? I think they are one of the higher paying salary captives and a good training program too.

I am open to those options! I do believe we have liberty mutual out here. I was given some leads to look up, Combined, State Farm and recently been getting calls from an NYL recruiter. I gotta do some research. I'll also add Liberty Mutual to the list

Back