New Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Questions on the Marketplace Application

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
New Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Questions on the Marketplace Application

Starting November 1, 2023, when you apply for coverage year 2024, there will be three new SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity) questions on all applications about sex assigned at birth, sexual orientation, and gender identity as per CMS directives. These questions are optional for all individuals on the application aged 12 or older.
The new SOGI questions will be used for demographic data reporting by CMS for the purposes of analyzing health disparities in access to coverage. They aim to improve the consumer experience by allowing them to share information that reflects their identity. Answers to the new SOGI questions will not affect customers' eligibility or plan costs.
Currently, the Marketplace application asks a primary question for “Sex” with "Male" or "Female" options and this won’t change. The required “sex” question will remain, with updated instructions (as shown in the screenshots). You will see the new SOGI questions in the 'Other Situations' chapter of the EDE flow, along with race and ethnicity questions.

Don't worry Chuck has it all in hand...
WereWolf_chuck_norris_fighting_a_dinosaur_8a3758b0-b53d-4d81-ab25-8da989d7bf62.png

The Medicare PDP app asks for race and ethnicity (but answering is optional) and I always check "decline to answer"

Lately I have noticed the term "gender assigned at birth" on provider questionnaires. I decline to answer those as well.

Guess I am not "woke".

Life is hard, get over it . . .

The Medicare PDP app asks for race and ethnicity (but answering is optional) and I always check "decline to answer"

Lately I have noticed the term "gender assigned at birth" on provider questionnaires. I decline to answer those as well.

Guess I am not "woke".

Life is hard, get over it . . .

It depends on what I feel like fir lunch. Sometimes I am Chinese Sometimes I am Mexican and Sometimes I am a hamburger.

It depends on what I feel like fir lunch. Sometimes I am Chinese Sometimes I am Mexican and Sometimes I am a hamburger.

Sounds like you have an identity crisis. Have you considered counseling?

Just put that you were born as a tall, black, blond chick.

I could, but I really don't care for men staring at my butt and hitting on me.

Not that there is anything wrong with that . . . (Seinfeld)

I understand why they want the info.
I'm actually ok with why they want the info. (I could care less who you sleep with. Are you a good person? Then you do you and no one should be discriminated against. Except A-holes)

I AM NOT ASKING SOMEONE ON THE PHONE THEIR SEXUAL PREFERENCES OR WHATEVER THE WOKE TERM IS.

No. Just no. Its none of my damn business. Pick a plan. Pay the premium. Have a lovely day and call me if you need anything. NEXT.

Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Questions -- these are coming to MA/PDP likely for the start of 2025. CMS released new enrollment forms and they're currently open for public comment.

Back