New to EFES, Question About Leads

I wasn't a top producer right out of the gate and the returns in my area are just about as low as anywhere in the country. Not just according to EFES. That's what MSPM says and that's what every mail company or lead IMO/FMO I've ever dealt with says.

I'm not trying to slam EFES, I'm simply trying to objectively point out whether his concerns are valid.

JD, I know that your experience with EFES has been good. There are others that are also pleased. EFES is not a bad organization and has some very good aspects to their program. However, there is a well documented history of EFES not delivering the requested volume of leads for some agents. Not every agent, but enough to raise concern for a new agent.

However, there is a well documented history of EFES not delivering the requested volume of leads for some agents. Not every agent, but enough to raise concern for a new agent.

I don't know who you are, but I can assure you every agent has received new fresh generated leads for them that they purchased up front.

And guess what if you get 40 leads and make one or two sales you are not a good partner for EFES. EFES does not have or charge money for goofy seminars in Atlanta, or charge for training.

They do not make money selling leads to agents. If that were profitable there would be lead shops selling leads, and not mail.

This is a business and for anyone to make money the agent has to make money. It is a win-win program. And if you are not able to produce why would a company spend money to generate leads for you?

If you fail at Final Expense it is because you are not willing to put out the effort to be successful.

Doing your own mailings is not an efficient way to do FE as a fulltime FE agent. It's fine for FE as a sideline. Too do your own mailings it would take a least one full day of your time each week and $40,000 to $50,000 in yearly costs.

I would agree that it will take a significant amount of time to manage properly. I would say 8 hours a week is a high estimate. Maybe a day a month would be appropriate. If the agent is producing, the extra costs should be overcome by the extra income on higher contracts (20% can make a big difference).

Of course, the other aspect to consider is that by managing your own mailings, you will likely have a learning curve as well. There will definitely be weeks that you don't have enough leads, and you will learn which areas have a better response over time. Until then, it will be up and down.

Travis Tubbs to the rescue!!! Lol. There seems to be more than this gentleman about the concerns of the mailers. Breaking it down into a coffee is for closers argument doesnt really alay any concerns about lead flow..
No doubt if you told upper mgmt to drop more leads for someone they would but the unfortunate fact is not everyone can be on your team Travis, and like JD said he cant vouche for any of the other managers..

I would agree that it will take a significant amount of time to manage properly. I would say 8 hours a week is a high estimate. Maybe a day a month would be appropriate. If the agent is producing, the extra costs should be overcome by the extra income on higher contracts (20% can make a big difference).

Of course, the other aspect to consider is that by managing your own mailings, you will likely have a learning curve as well. There will definitely be weeks that you don't have enough leads, and you will learn which areas have a better response over time. Until then, it will be up and down.

Have you ever been successful selling final expense? Have you ever purchased mail and had any success for a sustained amount of time? I'm not trying to flame you here, but I don't understand how someone can have such strong opinions about things they know nothing about.

It's amazing to me that agents think that buying their own mail and getting bigger contracts is the way to make money in FE. Of course none of these geniuses have put their money where their mouth is and put that plan into action for themselves. However they continue to spout about how great it is.
I have done my own mail with big contracts (4 Years worth) and it is a tough road if you are not self motivated and very disciplined.

You will not find me in the P&C or Annuities section of the forum spouting opinions, because I have no knowledge or understanding how to be successful at those lines of insurance.

I find it insulting, that you try and correct a successful agent, like JD on the level of commitment and time involved when he is the only one between you two who has done his own mailings.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Travis Tubbs to the rescue!!! Lol. There seems to be more than this gentleman about the concerns of the mailers. Breaking it down into a coffee is for closers argument doesnt really alay any concerns about lead flow..
No doubt if you told upper mgmt to drop more leads for someone they would but the unfortunate fact is not everyone can be on your team Travis, and like JD said he cant vouche for any of the other managers..

Call me, email me... You can be on my team... Ohio is open for me since Todd left. Welcome... Come on in, the water's fine

Last edited:
Are you serious? You make a 3 min.-5min. phone call, give MSPM your zips and parameters, give em your c. card number, and receive 12-18 leads per 1000 dropped.

How does this take all day as you claim? Even YOU are bright enough do this in 15 min.:D

If you would re read JD's post, I believe he is talking about actually sending out your own mail, not hiring MSPM to do it for you...I though EVEN you were bright enough to understand that...

I will come clean on here, I have been contemplating going with EFES, because of the lead program. The fact that Securus resells the leads doesn't sit well with me. I have long ties with Todd and he has offered the Monumental Lead program, but I am just torn on which route to go...
1. EFES with trickling leads and lower contracts,
2. Securus with reselling leads and higher lead costs,
3. Todd, Monumental Leads (do I have to sell Monumental, I forget) but find out what the mailing % is in my area (Northern Ohio Lorain County)....

I have to figure out what to do fast! Any pointers would be awesome.

Mainly, I am tired of health, and the half commissions so I wanted to get into FE and cross-sell MA at the end of the year...

Justin, to answer #3 there, no, you don't have to sell Monumental to get the leads, even though you'll still end up selling Monumenatal to those who can't qualify for the other companies on a level death benefit.

Another reason you would want to go with me...I give releases. Equita/EFES and Securus don't most of the time. I have seen a few cases where the agent was able to get a release from Equita, but very few.

Latest posts

Back