New to EFES, Question About Leads

Todd, if your agent has an outstanding advance debt and below ave. persistency where their advance debt will not clear out, you still release the agent and you eat the advance debt?

If an agent writes business, builds up a debit balance ; then quits writing business; policies lapse and the debit balance builds...What difference does it make if you release the agent or not? Either way, you eat the debit balance. You might be able to take some satisfaction that you can keep the agent from writing with the same company but that doesn't put money in your pocket.

When I was recruiting I found that I had a better chance to collect on outstanding debit balances if I kept the relationship on a more friendly basis by granting a realese.. However, I will have to admit I was recruiting face to face and meeting with the down-line on a regular basis. Might be totally different the way you guys do it coast to coast and never meet your agents.

Todd, if your agent has an outstanding advance debt and below ave. persistency where their advance debt will not clear out, you still release the agent and you eat the advance debt?

If an agent has a debit balance without the business on the books to cover it, then the carrier would override my decision on the release anyway. Of course I wouldn't let someone go who blatently owes me/the company money!

Now, an exception to this is with Monumental. When an agent has a debit balance and wants to move hierarchies, then the new IMO either accepts the debt or they don't get the agent.

The only purpose for your post is to start a fight. Just because EVERYONE here thinks you have no ethics doesn't mean you need to try to put down a legitimate marketer.

He says he gives releases. Doesn't guarantee that if someone is about to stick him with a large chargeback he will release.

Rick

I agree fellow Californian....he did the same thing with a long drawn out post about EFES leads, saying they LIE to seniors, then couldn't produce what he was referring to or elaborate!!

BTW, good talking to you today Rick!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was just looking up stuff on EFES. They had this website www.finalexpensebootcamp.com hope that gives you the info you need about it. Let me know what you think if you check it out, sounds like a good lead system so far, but I am still doin research on other lead programs.

Hi, thats not EFES's website....that's Shannon Davey's, he's an MGA under EFES. That's his personal website to train his agents, I'm under his group too! EFES website is efesonline.com. Good luck Newinsurancelady210, if you join Shannon's group, Im sure I'll be hearing from you!!

Last edited:
If an agent has a debit balance without the business on the books to cover it, then the carrier would override my decision on the release anyway. Of course I wouldn't let someone go who blatently owes me/the company money!

Now, an exception to this is with Monumental. When an agent has a debit balance and wants to move hierarchies, then the new IMO either accepts the debt or they don't get the agent.

Thanks Todd. That's what I would do also, just comparing notes for those special situations. If their balance won't clear out then it stands to reason that they'll need to pay off their advance balance 1st before being released.

It may or may not work out. Just in case it didn't I would rather be with a company that would be willing to give a release. Much better to stay with someone because you want to and not because you feel you have to. Nothing funny about that.. BTW, it is "you're" not "your".

thanks for correcting my grammar... i am an insurance agent that hangs paper we are not known for our spelling or handwriting lol... maybe you should go teach grade school or something.... :1tongue:

The only purpose for your post is to start a fight. Just because EVERYONE here thinks you have no ethics doesn't mean you need to try to put down a legitimate marketer.

He says he gives releases. Doesn't guarantee that if someone is about to stick him with a large chargeback he will release.

Rick

Grow up Ricky....not my intention at all.

If you would re read JD's post, I believe he is talking about actually sending out your own mail, not hiring MSPM to do it for you...I though EVEN you were bright enough to understand that...

Or a combination of all things regarding your own mailers. I have used MSPM and other mail warehouses. Of course you can do an order with MSPM in 15 minutes. But you cannot manage your leads, plan your leads, research lead returns and plan your schedule accordingly in 15 minutes.

If your business is go it alone then you have to take charge of all the details. If you want to be succesful at it, that is.

If an agent writes business, builds up a debit balance ; then quits writing business; policies lapse and the debit balance builds...What difference does it make if you release the agent or not? Either way, you eat the debit balance. You might be able to take some satisfaction that you can keep the agent from writing with the same company but that doesn't put money in your pocket.

When I was recruiting I found that I had a better chance to collect on outstanding debit balances if I kept the relationship on a more friendly basis by granting a realese.. However, I will have to admit I was recruiting face to face and meeting with the down-line on a regular basis. Might be totally different the way you guys do it coast to coast and never meet your agents.

A mgr. might be prudent to tell their sub-agent that they'll grant a release when their advance debt is paid off....protects the mgr. from eating bad debt from things like poor persistence, agent rolling biz from co. to co., etc.

I agree fellow Californian....he did the same thing with a long drawn out post about EFES leads, saying they LIE to seniors, then couldn't produce what he was referring to or elaborate!!

BTW, good talking to you today Rick!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi, thats not EFES's website....that's Shannon Davey's, he's an MGA under EFES. That's his personal website to train his agents, I'm under his group too! EFES website is efesonline.com. Good luck Newinsurancelady210, if you join Shannon's group, Im sure I'll be hearing from you!!

Ya, I was doin research on it and got reffered there. Seems like a good lead program. You are familiar with it??

Latest posts

Back