New to the forum, thank you for all of the great insight!

PA77

Hey folks, just wanted to spend a minute to introduce myself to the forum.
I am a beginning life insurance agent in Oklahoma.

Thank you guys so much for sharing all of the great ideas and topics!

As a new agent selling life, what do you think is the best way to approach prospective clients?

I understand there are many ways to prospect and I am anticipating a lot of calling but I feel the urge to spend time every day meeting people face to face.

First, do you guys think this will be an effective/efficient way to prospect?
Second, how would you guys devise a plan of attack? Walk into businesses and start a conversation? Go door to door in residential neighborhoods?

Thanks again for all of your help!

David, I was hoping that you would read my post!
I enjoy all of your insight and per your monopoly video, I want to start my focus in the orange properties!

It's wide open too! And since you've "liked" some of my posts in the "sticky" thread, I know you've found the various links that are high quality and very low cost (or free) resources to help you.

I just finished the saga of wb, too bad he stepped away from posting on the forum.
Any other good reads you can recommend?

I've read probably over 1,000 books, have a bunch of articles, lots of audios... I have too much stuff.

If you ask a specific question, I can probably provide some insight into that question.

Otherwise, I'd start with Sid Walker's Selling without Wrestling (FREE), Insurance Pro Shop's members only site ($30/month for their video training and monthly newsletters; you'll want their system, but start with the video training), and Sandy Schussel's Mastering Client Referrals for $37 one-time.

To me, that's the core of what I'd recommend someone get started with.

Oh, and there's my YouTube channel with lots of information there.
David H. Kinder, ChFC

Back