New UW Guidelines For Transamerica 08/15/23

That's what they say, but I've tried many times and not a single one has been approved.

Their changes to this product are the worst thing I've ever seen second only to the Americo non smoker program bullshit.

Beyond CHF, Trans simply does not approve anything anymore. Since this change, I have personally submitted about 15 trans apps for folks with varying conditions. 0 were approved. Prior to this change, I'd say my approval rate with Trans was about 85%.

But this is what happens when a shit company consults with their attorneys, actuaries, internal sales managers and top level NMOs about changes. If they had even once talked to a high level FE producer, they would have avoided this mess.

But they didn't and thus the product is 100% worthless.

Are you sure you’re not describing UW that changed earlier this year ? The “activity credit” described is in their most recent (06/14/2023) agent guide.

You’ve submitted 15 FE apps where the activity credit was supposed to be the prerequisite to get standard coverage?

Are you sure you’re not describing UW that changed earlier this year ? The “activity credit” described is in their most recent (06/14/2023) agent guide.

You’ve submitted 15 FE apps where the activity credit was supposed to be the prerequisite to get standard coverage?

This activity credit thing is not new. It was there when the product underwent the overall earlier this year. See the attachment (I obtained this when they released the product update earlier this year), and you can see a hypothetical example of a guy with CHF qualifying at standard due to the activity credit.

I've tried someone who had very mild CHF and no other issues other than HBP and cholesterol of course. The lady was very active. She got declined. They didn't even counter with Graded.

People with very mild copd and activity credit. Declined. Every single case I submitted (based on my risk) should have gotten standard or preferred, and 100% of them had the activity credit (I didn't both trying for folks who couldn't claim the AC). All of them were flat-out denied.

I won't bother trying anymore.

Plus, how fucking insanely stupid is it that they created an FE product that rates people standard if they have EVER had diabetes, cancer, a heart issue, stroke etc. You know- all the issues that 99% of Fe clients have. No FE agent will submit someone at Trans standard for a person who had cancer 10 years ago or for someone who has diabetes. 99% of FE companies will offer their best rate for these cases.

The people at Trans are beyond stupid. They have absolutely no clue what business they are in.

Attachments

• transisdumb.pdf
    266.5 KB · Views: 6
This activity credit thing is not new. It was there when the product underwent the overall earlier this year. See the attachment (I obtained this when they released the product update earlier this year), and you can see a hypothetical example of a guy with CHF qualifying at standard due to the activity credit.

I've tried someone who had very mild CHF and no other issues other than HBP and cholesterol of course. The lady was very active. She got declined. They didn't even counter with Graded.

People with very mild copd and activity credit. Declined. Every single case I submitted (based on my risk) should have gotten standard or preferred, and 100% of them had the activity credit (I didn't both trying for folks who couldn't claim the AC). All of them were flat-out denied.

Plus, how fucking insanely stupid is it that they created an FE product that rates people standard if they have EVER had diabetes, cancer, a heart issue, stroke etc. You know- all the issues that 99% of Fe clients have. No FE agent will submit someone at Trans standard for a person who had cancer 10 years ago or for someone who has diabetes. 99% of FE companies will offer their best rate for these cases.

The people at Trans are beyond stupid. They have absolutely no clue what business they are in.

Preaching to the choir :noteworthy:

All very true.

I just spoke to Mary,UW at Trans. She tells me the product has new (past 2 weeks) UW guidelines.

New agent guide coming out very soon.

I hardly ever use them anymore. Just for DE if they can qualify preferred or standard.

All very true.

I just spoke to Mary,UW at Trans. She tells me the product has new (past 2 weeks) UW guidelines.

New agent guide coming out very soon.

I hardly ever use them anymore. Just for DE if they can qualify preferred or standard.

Use Sbli for that . I haven’t written a Trans in 3 yrs .

No SS billing.

Trans for the win.

Trans for no win . They don’t issue anything . You heard the cm mutual who tried a bunch . All rejected . Honestly I’d run direct express graded threw prosperity . They take de with true ss billing and very high comp.

They have a new agent guide posted 8/15/23.
CHF now Standard
CPAP oxygen at night Standard

I didn’t see a medication guide. Do they have one ? I know the RX lookup tool is no longer valid.

Anybody write a Standard CHF with them within the past week or two ?

They have a new agent guide posted 8/15/23.
CHF now Standard
CPAP oxygen at night Standard

I didn’t see a medication guide. Do they have one ? I know the RX lookup tool is no longer valid.

Anybody write a Standard CHF with them within the past week or two ?

Hard as heck to believe Chf standard . In the old days Aetna took Chf standard. Never seen a company since take standard . Wheres the app ?

Back