Newbie Here - Rookie Advice?

ChicagoDawg

Hey Y'all. Just got licensed in IL b/c I keep hearing Final Expense is projected to grow rapidly. Can I, as an agent, work with more than one BGA or IMO? (or whatever the"Agencies" are called".

Hey Y'all. Just got licensed in IL b/c I keep hearing Final Expense is projected to grow rapidly. Can I, as an agent, work with more than one BGA or IMO? (or whatever the"Agencies" are called".

You can. If you want training, lead programs, etc. choose one that has all the companies you want and good commission levels and just go with that one.

If you have no interest in training or IMO lead programs just put any contracts any where you want. Either way works. The only way that doesn't work is to need guidance with underwriting or other training and have your contracts all spread out.

Whatever IMO/FMO/MGA you end up choosing, I would recommend starting slow (in regards to contracting). You do not need to contract with 10 different companies in your first month. Make sure they stay true and if they do, then continue down that road.

If they misled you, abandon them and find a different IMO!

You can contract with as many as you like, if the others allow it, make sure you don't go captive and don't ever assign your commissions. Here are a few that are here that you can trust:

Final Expense Leads and Agent Training
SpurCity - here on the forum
finalexpenseservices.com
feagentmentor.com
Final Expense Life Insurance Leads
fexcontracting.com
legacyagent.com
trkingim.com

That should give you plenty to look at. Also, listen to my agent audio interviews listed below, great advice there:

Agent Audio Interviews | Final Expense Leads and Agent Training

Good advise from some here. Yes you CAN contract with multiple IMO's, but if you are wanting training be careful because you will be very limited in who will take you unless your willing to give them all your business. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, business is business. The advise to take it slow is sooo spot on. DON'T jump in and sign with a large number of carriers right away because if it doesn't work out with that imo you will have to get releases. Trust me it causes problems. As far as who to sign with can't give you any advise there. I've not had much luck so far with imo's. Don't want to get into it here on the board, but let's just say be VERY Careful. Picking the wrong imo may be worse than not picking one at all.

Good advise from some here. Yes you CAN contract with multiple IMO's, but if you are wanting training be careful because you will be very limited in who will take you unless your willing to give them all your business. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, business is business. The advise to take it slow is sooo spot on. DON'T jump in and sign with a large number of carriers right away because if it doesn't work out with that imo you will have to get releases. Trust me it causes problems. As far as who to sign with can't give you any advise there. I've not had much luck so far with imo's. Don't want to get into it here on the board, but let's just say be VERY Careful. Picking the wrong imo may be worse than not picking one at all.

Picking any IMO that doesn't release is a mistake.

If they give releases then go ahead and sign up. If it ain't right then leave.

The releases should not be an issue. If you are going to a new IMO that accepts a debt responsibility all the IMOs on the forum are very good about releasing.

Thanks all.
The contracts are sometimes many pages. Quite a lot to navigate, as I'm sure you can all attest to. I'll keep an eye out for the "releases". Anything else I should be on alert for?

Thanks all. The contracts are sometimes many pages. Quite a lot to navigate, as I'm sure you can all attest to. I'll keep an eye out for the "releases". Anything else I should be on alert for?

Yes a lot. .

Back