Newly Licensed, can I submit apps while traveling out of the US?

All the above is correct . . .

Your saying if a mother I’m writing lives in Texas . The son lives in Ohio . I’m licensed in Ohio and not Texas .The son is going to be the owner and payor . Your saying I can write this ? What about the insureds signature ? Don’t they have to sign the app?[/QUOTE]

That is correct BUT can only be a GI since there is no signature nor recording acknowledging any health questions, etc. This is how Sr Life does it, not sure about other carriers.
OR
you can do a Sr Life tele-sale with the mother answering health questions, etc. so she can qualify for something better than GI, even though she lives in TX and you're not licensed there, while keeping her son in OH, where you are licensed, as the owner of the policy.

And the cool thing is that SLICE, the app we use, will do a script check while you're on the phone or face 2 face. SLICE will also verify the accuracy of the bank info and even let the agent know if the funds are in the account, at that very moment, to cover the initial withdrawal. Prevents headaches of having to go back a couple days later to clean up mistakes.

Last edited:
Your saying if a mother I’m writing lives in Texas . The son lives in Ohio . I’m licensed in Ohio and not Texas .The son is going to be the owner and payor . Your saying I can write this ? What about the insureds signature ? Don’t they have to sign the app?
The mom can sign telephonically, with her maiden name, email or by voice.

All the above is correct . . .

Your saying if a mother I’m writing lives in Texas . The son lives in Ohio . I’m licensed in Ohio and not Texas .The son is going to be the owner and payor . Your saying I can write this ? What about the insureds signature ? Don’t they have to sign the app?[/QUOTE]

The sale of insurance is to the owner. The insured is more of a formality to the sale & they can give their answers to health questions, signatures, exams, etc from other states.

Back