Newly Licensed, can I submit apps while traveling out of the US?

I think I'll take my laptop and cell phone and go up to a place in North Georgia called Nickajack Lake. They have a survey marker out in the woods and they say if you put your foot on it you'll be standing in three states at the same time. Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee.

I think I'll go up there and take a few apps. That ought to fry the hell of the new business dept.

Attachments

• tri state.jpg
    tri state.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1
Must be licensed in the State where the application is signed - whether wet, esig, email, etc.

Where the "Agent" is when completing the application does not matter.

Must be licensed in the State where the application is signed - whether wet, esig, email, etc.

Where the "Agent" is when completing the application does not matter.

Agree, but completing the application isn’t selling the policy. I agree with your statement, I have just been looking for proof where this can be found. Almost everything I see gives the impression the producer must be licensed in the state they are conducting business/selling. Plus, agent & carrier need to be licensed in the state the consumer is.

I really just wish they would define for phone or virtual video where the “sale” is taking place. Is it just where the consumer is, is it both.

Processing paperwork & getting exams, etc or delivery paperwork really isn’t an issue

I think I'll take my laptop and cell phone and go up to a place in North Georgia called Nickajack Lake. They have a survey marker out in the woods and they say if you put your foot on it you'll be standing in three states at the same time. Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee.

I think I'll go up there and take a few apps. That ought to fry the hell of the new business dept.
Come out west: Four Corners Monument | Stand in 4 States at Once!

Agree, but completing the application isn’t selling the policy. I agree with your statement, I have just been looking for proof where this can be found. Almost everything I see gives the impression the producer must be licensed in the state they are conducting business/selling. Plus, agent & carrier need to be licensed in the state the consumer is.

I really just wish they would define for phone or virtual video where the “sale” is taking place. Is it just where the consumer is, is it both.

Processing paperwork & getting exams, etc or delivery paperwork really isn’t an issue

I write some Ameritas and Assurity. Mostly policy holders in other States.

I write them when on vacation in other States, Mexico, Bahamas, etc.

When I started doing so - I call both Carriers to be sure that I could. Only requirement was that I, the Agent, had to be licensed in the State where the policy holder was signing. Not where they live, or where I may be - but, licensed in State where application was signed.

Carrier had to be appointed in the "signing" State as well.

I write some Ameritas and Assurity. Mostly policy holders in other States.

I write them when on vacation in other States, Mexico, Bahamas, etc.

When I started doing so - I call both Carriers to be sure that I could. Only requirement was that I, the Agent, had to be licensed in the State where the policy holder was signing. Not where they live, or where I may be - but, licensed in State where application was signed.

Carrier had to be appointed in the "signing" State as well.
So you're licensed in Mexico Tom? :huh:

[QUOTE="myinsurebiz, post: 1408275, member: 2032"]Must be licensed in the State where the application is signed - whether wet, esig, email, etc.

Where the "Agent" is when completing the application does not matter.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the owner's sig. or the proposed insured's sig. or the agent's sig.? Just funning. I know the correct answer. The agent must be licensed and appointed with the carrier in the same state that the owner of the policy signs the app or is recorded from.

I've written Ms Jones, who is in NC where I'm licensed, a GI policy on her son who is incarcerated out in Ca. where I'm not licensed. Ms. Jones, the mother, signs the app as the owner and payor, and is the primary bene. And the son does not sign anything nor is recorded nor is involved in anyway with this sale. I'm assuming all the other carriers do the same thing across the board with an issue like this.

Back