Ninety-Two Percent of All Agents Fail - Why?

Jeez, Frank, after 14 years NOW you tell me??? I was counting on the underwear thing any time now :biggrin:

I didn't mention the most important part. I usually don't share this with anyone but if you promise not to tell anyone else I guess I could tell you. Promise?

Successful underwear agents only wear Under Armour, either gray or black. Those who wear white never make it.

Successful underwear agents only wear Under Armour, either gray or black. Those who wear white never make it.

Sorry but I disagree!! :-) The absolute best underwear for the agent-on-the-go is Ex Officio. I've gone around the world with 2 pair, one on me, one packed. Wash in the evenng, they dry in a few hours ready for wear in the morning. You can read about and get them here.

If you are on the road as much as I am, you will appreciate traveling light and Ex Officio stuff helps you do that.

Usual disclaimers apply.

Al

Sorry but I disagree!! :-) The absolute best underwear for the agent-on-the-go is Ex Officio. I've gone around the world with 2 pair, one on me, one packed. Wash in the evenng, they dry in a few hours ready for wear in the morning. You can read about and get them here.

If you are on the road as much as I am, you will appreciate traveling light and Ex Officio stuff helps you do that.

Usual disclaimers apply.

Al

Nothing dries faster, provides more comfort and "support" than Under Armour. Bottoms, oops, hands down.

I want to present you with a challenge. Buy just one pair of Under Armour, about $20, and if you don't agree that Under Armour is the best, most comfortable you have ever owned, I will send you a check for the amount of your purchase. Honest.

"My underwear is better than your underwear. Neener, neener, neener." :D :D :D

Nothing dries faster, provides more comfort and "support" than Under Armour. Bottoms, oops, hands down.

They don't make briefs. All they have are "old-man" boxer shorts and everyone knows that only homo, bi, and trans sexual men (and women) wear this style, as well as men who... um... shall we say... uh... don't need "much support."

Those who have a normal endowment, to say nothing of those HERE (and that's MOST of this board) who have a HUGE SET of reproductive necessities, always, always, always wear jock-briefs. Indeed, it is almost a requirement. I never knew a good salesperson who didn't require a great deal of support.

Look at the mechanics and science of it all. Boxers, even tight boxers have no other place to go but "up." Now if you have standard issue equipment (or your creator super-sized you) when that eventual ride-up occurs, it's not going to be pleasant.

You go to a client's office and you sit down on a low couch and what happens. Your boxers ride up and just about strangle you. You have to jump up, try not to show the pain, and do a Texas two-step in the hope that they will reposition themselves further down your thigh. Yeah, that's really professional! (Although my bet is that some of your women clients will get sort of a smile out of it.)

And what happens when that hot female client has you confused with the UPS or FedEx guy, you really think you are going to look good in broad daylight with just a pair of boxers on? Not gonna happen.

I suppose your old-man style is fine for guys (especially in the religious conservative South and mid-West) who believe in abstinence before marriage and who engage in relations only for pro-creation afterward, and who have little or no need to "support, preserve, and defend" their personal "constitution."

But we who live in the liberal West where "getting it on" and "hooking up" is as necessary a part of the day as a glass of fresh California orange juice, the ONLY option is the jock-style briefs, and the top of that line is Ex Officio.

And one last thing, and I swear this is 100% true. When I worked for Ross Perot and EDS in the early 70s, they had a very strict dress code... dark suits, ONLY white shirts, lace wing-tip shoes... and boxer-style shorts.

Why the boxers? Ross said that you never knew when the client would invite you to his club (golf, tennis, swim) and you'd have to change in the locker room. Ross believed that you looked more business-like and professional in boxer shorts than in what he called "kiddie" briefs. To their credit, EDS didn't "go looking" for guys wearing briefs... but they did fire guys who would not wear suits, shoes and especially white shirts.

Who are you going to believe about anything having to do with sex? A guy from Missouri... or someone from California... where sex was practically invented! If you want to wear Armour shorts and stand there and look like an old man with no balls, hey knock yourself out... knowing the guys on this board as I do... it won't surprise me one bit!

Al
(who can talk (or at least BS) on any topic on the planet... including underwear... thanks to years of going to Toastmasters each week!)

Well see after reading the posts on this forum here two things are apparent.

1) people need a good laugh

2) elbow grease is required as well as last grit to make it in the insurance industry.

Talking about underwear, I can honestly say I'd rather have the grease than the grit :)

Back