Offer Plan G and Plan F - Keep It Simple!

I used to love agents that only sold F & G, they were my bread and butter. You sell F, i replace with G, you sell G to someone reasonably healthy but budget conscious, i replace with G with N 9 times out of 10. I don't sell med sups anymore but the dozen or so a month I did sell for 3 years were almost always replacing what another agent never talked about.

Granted, educating consumers about the nuances of excess charges was always a challenge but once they understood, most would be perfectly okay with it in order to spend 30-40% less in premium. I guess it didn't hurt that I had access to the least expensive plan N and 2nd least expensive G in my state.

Last edited:
I used to love agents that only sold F & G, they were my bread and butter. You sell F, i replace with G, you sell G to someone reasonably healthy but budget conscious, i replace with G with N 9 times out of 10. I don't sell med sups anymore but the dozen or so a month I did sell for 3 years were almost always replacing what another agent never talked about.

Granted, educating consumers about the nuances of excess charges was always a challenge but once they understood, most would be perfectly okay with it in order to spend 30-40% less in premium. I guess it didn't hurt that I had access to the least expensive plan N and 2nd least expensive G in my state.

From what you say sounds like you did well, Why don't you sell med supp anymore?

Wouldn't every independent agent have access to the lowest price for every Plan in your state?:err:

From what you say sounds like you did well, Why don't you sell med supp anymore?

Right? 150 med supps a year for 3 years you are at 450 clients. Average $20/client per month you are doing well. You would have no reason to switch to FE or something

Looks like he's in Risk Management now. I agree with Chaz, doesn't make sense to walk away from $100K + in renewals. Doesn't say anything about Med Supps in his Bio, but it does say that he is a parent to two dogs, Lucy and Adie. :)

LostDollar, you seem sincerely interested in learning about this subject but, since you are not an agent, you are starting out at a knowledge level far below most of us who have been in the industry for a long time and it's pretty clear to me that deficit hampers your ability to really understand this business.

I'm not criticizing you, just pointing out facts-licensed agents not only go through the licensing exam but also hundreds of hours of training for different certifications, much of it on an annual basis-add to that thousands of hours spent handling client issues and almost every situation that can occur and we just have a much clearer perspective than you on all of this. You keep trying to draw conclusions based on your limited knowledge base and it just doesn't work, at least for me.

Ok, I did forget I was a guest and got carried away pursuing an objective.

At a very rough summary level, from your perspective, what are some things I should be looking at in the next 6 months (assuming item 1 on the list is reading an ExamFX life and health book)?

At a very rough summary level, from your perspective, what are some things I should be looking at in the next 6 months (assuming item 1 on the list is reading an ExamFX life and health book)?

Best advice I can give is, don't worry about the little things, the nuts and bolts of insurance plans.

The only hard thing about selling is getting in front of people. After that, it's easy! Don't try to overthink things and spending your days trying to find the best product, the newest trend etc. worry about getting in front of warm bodies.

You can do ExamFX in a week if you study and read everything ...

Back