Oh God, what Have I Done.

Joker

I took a position with a company called American Income Life in the Memphis office, for a lot of you this will be all you need to hear.

I have to say that I do see people around the office making money and doing well at the job. From what I can tell this business is all about momentum, after leaving the training program your average rep at the company will have spent a month building up referrals and generating leads through whats called the child safe program and after going through those two sources you have your lead pack to call on to fill in the gaps in your schedule.

Well that didn't happen for me. over the course of training it was mentioned that 2 hours north of Memphis in western KY (where I grew up) there was no office and a massive pile of leads no one was working. Seeing an opportunity I requested a lead pack from that area having been told the leads would be fresh and the clientele was better. I was forsaking all the momentum I had built up in the Memphis area, but I figured the better leads would make up for that and I wanted to get out of the ghetto and back to where I call home.

The lead pack was worse than cancer. All the leads were at least 2 years old and had been seen at least twice. Every lead from 2013 was seen in 2014 by the same girl out of the Nashville office. I spent 40 hours my first week door knocking my lead pack and only managing a handful of appointments. Next next week wasn't any better. I'm in week four and my funds are running low. Bringing up the lead quality to my manager resulted in a "Your setting your own limits" type speech that was neither helpful nor productive.

I'm thinking its time to chalk this up as a life lesson and move on. I'd still like to do the insurance thing but I really don't want to get burned again. Any advice on where to go form here?

I would add a secondary product to increase lead opportunities. One idea might be to go Indie, link up with a FMO and do Medicare. Medicare pays well, offers a decent renewal structure and for me, they are my prime source for FE leads. Quality Medicare leads are far easier to find than any other product I have sold aside from group healthcare prior to the ACA. If you know what you are doing and know where to look, you can find quality Medicare leads and never spend a dime except for the mailing.

Curious!

When you say medicare pays well, what are you comparing it to?

How are you turning medicare leads into FE sales?

In NJ, an MAPD sale is $548 for an hour or so appointment and they are 9 times out of 10 a single call close. So that is $548 an hour, pretty nice chunk of change for an hourly wage, doncha think?
As for turning MAPD into FE sales, it is relatively easy. I wait the CMS mandated 48 hours so I am not in violation of my Scope or Cross Selling regulations and then I call for an appointment. Now I am not going to say I have a 100% closing ratio on my FE appointments but I do well enough that it pays to keep using the strategy.

In NJ, an MAPD sale is $548 for an hour or so appointment and they are 9 times out of 10 a single call close. So that is $548 an hour, pretty nice chunk of change for an hourly wage, doncha think?
As for turning MAPD into FE sales, it is relatively easy. I wait the CMS mandated 48 hours so I am not in violation of my Scope or Cross Selling regulations and then I call for an appointment. Now I am not going to say I have a 100% closing ratio on my FE appointments but I do well enough that it pays to keep using the strategy.

$548 for an hour Because you close 1 an hour with no marketing cost and no gas cost no wear and tear on your car right?

$548 for an hour Because you close 1 an hour with no marketing cost and no gas cost no wear and tear on your car right?

Yes because i am smart enough to market in my town that is FULL of retirement communities and therefore the wear and tear on my vehicle is minimal and my travel time is short. I can't believe this is even a "debate".
Does every thread on this forum become some sort of argument?
$548 for one hours work would (to most normal folks) seem to be decent money. I don't pretend to be some whale chasing financial planner with a slew of alphabet after my name. I am just a dude who figured out how to intelligently market and then maximize the opportunity.
If you have a better way, congrats and "salud".
Peace,
Rob

Yes because i am smart enough to market in my town that is FULL of retirement communities and therefore the wear and tear on my vehicle is minimal and my travel time is short. I can't believe this is even a "debate".
Does every thread on this forum become some sort of argument?
$548 for one hours work would (to most normal folks) seem to be decent money. I don't pretend to be some whale chasing financial planner with a slew of alphabet after my name. I am just a dude who figured out how to intelligently market and then maximize the opportunity.
If you have a better way, congrats and "salud".
Peace,
Rob

No Just your so smart an intelligent that you must be the only guy in america that always closes the deal, Never a no show never a no and never chargeback?

I mean listen its a good business and we know if you work you can make good money but to tell a newbie that he can go out there and make full commission as a per hour is very deceiving, because we all know the 1st couple or years so is not quite that profitable as $550 an hour

Thats just misleading

Back