One Month Doing Cold Calling

I use sales Dialers which works well. I also used the sales datalist they provide for a monthly fee which I cannot recommend. I called them about the verification process they use and the rep told me they don't. They have a program that skims data off the internet and that's what you are buying. That is an expensive lesson so I would try another source for lists. You will have much better results.
:GEEK:

First things first. Lead generation/ business development is not monkey work. In fact it's probably the most influential step. No leads or bad leads and sales will be few and far between.

500 calls between 12-4 is impossible. You need to turn down the dialer to a slower speed. You are dropping live answers and making live answers wait on the line. Both not good.

Try to improve your list. Find some demographic that works for your product and learn to build a dialing list around that. You need to think of this as your competitive advantage.

Getting SS# over the phone is tough but it can be done. We target commercial bonds and also need this info. An average telemarketer will get 1 qualified lead an hour. A top guy or gal will average 1.5-2. If you get everything but SS# then keep following up. You really have to be shameless to be successful at cold calling.

If after trying all this you can't average at least 1 lead per hour...then this is not a successful prospecting method and you will need to find other ways to generate leads.

My experience: Former business development consultant, I current manage 5 telemarketers, built my personal book to over $600,000 in less than 2 years. PM if you have any questions.

Back