Overcoming Objections

DaveTheInsGuy

Expert
What are some of your favorite lines you use to overcome some common objections for T65?

- Too early to think about

- No time

- Just mail me some info

- Already taken care of it

Any other objections you can think of, feel free to add it to the list

- I need to think about it
- I already have insurance
- I thought it was free from the government
- Is it free, I can't afford anything
- I need to talk to my children
- My credit union has insurance, I need to see what they have
- I'm shopping around

I'm new to this and sure could use some help with learning how to best overcome objections.

Dave, Good morning. Are you looking for prospect objections or rebuttals to their objections? I can add a few...

Well, I hope you all can fathom this simple truism.

1. Clever glib tricky speak is too much stuff for a busy money making agent toremember, so I just hand the client a little red booklet of all the clever glibtricky speak and tell him to choose the best answer that suits him.

2. You could try honesty (novel isn't it?) Simply respond,"that's fine" to whatever he says. Non-argumental, passive, truthful,is it not? All buyers purchase emotionally and own it logically. If you do any,clever glib tricky speak, when he is emotional you may just throw him offand convert his mind set to logical and will make it very tough to restorehim to an emotional mind set. I never get objections… I onlyget comments and questions. Aren’t yourobjections received actual comments and questions, really? So agree andcontinue with your presentation.
I don’t like this. That’s fine tell me what is it you don’t like about it? Tohigh, that’s fine I agree it has gone up a lot. Let me show go over some of thedetails and you may see the reason I am advising you to go this way. Stay with the truth. If the truth isn’t goodthen maybe you are selling the wrong product to the customer and need to getsome help on presenting or choosing the correct product for the client.
Isn’t this super? I love it. Itbrings out the true issue so you can deal with it honestly.

They have a question (we used to call it objection) I say, “that’s fine”explain your reason and move on.

James (KISS) OK?
:)

Sure... what are some of the specific objections you want to overcome and myself and others can offer some feedback.

Well this thread started with a list of them but how about this one:

I need/want to think about it.

The first thing I would ask is sir/ma'am what is it that you need to think about? They have a concern... you just need to figure out what it is. It's important to not be argumentative here... "their" perception of value does not outweigh their concern. What is their concern? Stay calm and ask more questions.

Many people are concerned (although won't admit it) due to financial reasons or a previous bad experience. It can be several other things: misunderstanding of the product, misplaced product recommendation not meeting their needs, they could just be people that take a long time to make decisions, they could not feel comfortable with you, they think what they have "isn't broke" so no need to fix it, don't feel like looking at this now, etc.

You need to understand and empathize with them. Follow up with them... many agents don't follow up after the immediate short term. This is an opportunity to really build a relationship. People buy from people they like, but you do need to educate and evaluate them.

Hope this helps if only a little or perhaps it will help you hone your own ideas as well.

Back