'I Already Have Insurance' and Other Stupid Objections

This is a chance to make the client sound qualified

cold call: "I already have insurance"
you: "That's great to hear, you qualify for very deep discounts already have insurance, how long have you been with your current company"

Responses that are confrontational mean you lose. If you want to press forward you need to find out what they don't like about their current plan.

Everyone thinks they are paying too much, even if they say they like what they have now. But there is almost always something else they can and will complain about if given a chance.

Your job is to allow them the opportunity to bitch about their coverage so you can turn that in to being their advocate.

There are any number of questions you can ask, but it always needs to be a question that cannot be answered in yes or no. If you don't find out what bothers them about their current plan you won't make a sale. Any pitch that starts with "my plan is better" or "mine is cheaper" will lose most of the time.

You need to immediately set yourself up as different from not only the other yokels that are calling but also their current agent.

Simply ask if they are happy with the current coverage?

What would make you happy?

Makes me want to reach through the phone and do something. What are some of the most aggressive effective counters possible? Only an agent can bust up decades of conditioning from ridiculous carrier marketing that has debased the field and makes people view insurance as unimportant.

In other words, how hard can one crack a prospect without getting a complaint? Judgement call on whether to keep the possibility of a case in play.

Latest posts

Back