Overstock Direct Mail FE Leads

If someone is selling a digital lead for $7, I can assure you they must be using a Co-reg survey path lead or a free vacation giveaway type of lead.

And yes they’re auto-populating the info.

But don’t take one vendor’s description of their lead program (and their projection of their program on others) as a factual description of what everyone else is doing.

We do a few things that increases the cost of the lead, but also makes it higher quality.

1. “Affordable Life Insurance Program” and “Cost” is used in every ad’s ad copy.
  2. They click on Get Quote.
  3. They are pushed to a landing page as opposed to a Facebook pre-populated lead form.
  4. On that landing page, “affordable life insurance programs” is repeated as well as “a licensed agent with the state will be following up to see if you qualify” is in the ad copy.
  5. Finally they have to manually fill out the form. For local leads, if they give 2 bogus pieces of info, we replace. For statewide leads, if the phone number is bogus, we replace.

Now if you want the less qualified lead at $7 lead, I’ve got that too. Go to https://bannerads.calendarleads.comJust shoot me a message and I’ll give you a 35% discount code.

If you can handle enough volume, I can get it down to $4 a lead with them also giving you their requested coverage amount and favorite hobby.

Sorry Newby, really didn’t mean to hijack your thread :/

Josh your telling me that all the prospects with your leads are filling out their email ,phone #,address and hobby? I've run at least 100 of your leads over a 6 month period and i've questioned many of the leads. I'd say 75% remember filling it out and many many said they didn't fill out all the info . I understand the type people we deal with . Your 100% telling me these clients on your premium lead are manually filling out at 4 pieces of info? I find that very very hard to believe . If thats so how come every single address is correct?Surely some would put fake addresses down. I'm not singling you out as all facebook leads seem to be like that .

Josh your telling me that all the prospects with your leads are filling out their email ,phone #,address and hobby? I've run at least 100 of your leads over a 6 month period and i've questioned many of the leads. I'd say 75% remember filling it out and many many said they didn't fill out all the info . I understand the type people we deal with . Your 100% telling me these clients on your premium lead are manually filling out at 4 pieces of info? I find that very very hard to believe . If thats so how come every single address is correct?Surely some would put fake addresses down. I'm not singling you out as all facebook leads seem to be like that .

Remember there are two (three) different ways to pre-populate forms.

One is by Facebook pre-populating the info on the form that the prospect used when they set up their account OR pre-populating what they used the last time they filled out a form on Facebook.

The other way is the normal way we’re all accustomed to when we fill out forms off of Facebook. When you go to fill out a form, your browser has saved your contact info and pre-populates it.

When the browser does it, the information is usually correct. Unless the prospect goes in and changes something purposely to make it wrong.

Last edited:
Remember there are two (three) different ways to pre-populate forms.

One is by Facebook pre-populating the info on the form that the prospect used when they set up their account OR pre-populating what they used the last time they filled out the form on Facebook.

The other way is the normal way we’re all accustomed to. When you go to fill out the form, your browser has saved your contact info and pre-populates it.

When the browser does it, the information is usually correct. Unless the prospect goes in and changes something purposely to make it wrong.

Ok that clears it up then. Your saying their going to the seperate landing page and it repopulates from their browser ? I will say that most know its some type of insurance .

Ok that clears it up then. Your saying their going to the seperate landing page and it repopulates from their browser ? I will say that most know its some type of insurance .

Correct. Or at least it can. So they either auto-populate from their browser or they manually type it out.

Very different from the Facebook lead ad forms.

1 lead available in my area of FL and it is 2 years old. I have been contacted by another FMO offering excess leads at the same price, but I just don't think people in my area are ready for an insurance agent to knock on their door yet. Why are there so many agencies who need to sell leads like this. Don't agents prepay before the order is placed? I always have.

No. Every agency does it differently. But at ours they pay after the leads are assigned to them. But that’s not why there are excesses. There are always going to be excesses to keep from having shortages. Those real old leads were just sitting in the system not getting any attention. I just end up giving those to agents when they sign up with us. They aren’t much value at that age.

But everyone has a lot of excesses now because we let the leads accumulate during the virus shut down so the agents weren’t forced to run up bills if they weren’t working them.

If someone is selling a digital lead for $7, I can assure you they must be using a Co-reg survey path lead or a free vacation giveaway type of lead.

And yes they’re auto-populating the info.

But don’t take one vendor’s description of their lead program (and their projection of their program on others) as a factual description of what everyone else is doing.

We do a few things that increases the cost of the lead, but also makes it higher quality.

1. “Affordable Life Insurance Program” and “Cost” is used in every ad’s ad copy.
  2. They click on Get Quote.
  3. They are pushed to a landing page as opposed to a Facebook pre-populated lead form.
  4. On that landing page, “affordable life insurance programs” is repeated as well as “a licensed agent with the state will be following up to see if you qualify” is in the ad copy.
  5. Finally they have to manually fill out the form. For local leads, if they give 2 bogus pieces of info, we replace. For statewide leads, if the phone number is bogus, we replace.

Now if you want the less qualified lead at $7 lead, I’ve got that too. Go to https://bannerads.calendarleads.comJust shoot me a message and I’ll give you a 35% discount code.

If you can handle enough volume, I can get it down to $4 a lead with them also giving you their requested coverage amount and favorite hobby.

Sorry Newby, really didn’t mean to hijack your thread :/

No problem. Helps the thread if more talk about leads keeps going. $4 per lead Facebook leads. That’s very inexpensive! Are they that much less quality than the regular priced ones?

Agree but Cheesecake Factory almost went out of business in about 48 hours and a lot of sizeable companies are having massive issues.

Even in larger businesses, lack of cash flow can be crippling.

That’s kind of an advantage of being a “small” business right now. We do quite a bit of direct mail weekly. Not as much as some others do. But my weekly bill is around $40,000 every week. I would not sleep at night if we didn’t keep some hefty cash reserves for an event like this one. I would have never predicted this virus. But I always prepare for the worst.

So we didn’t need to make agents to take and pay for leads when they needed to pause. Over 3/4 of our agents did pause at the beginning of April. But this was the first week that the lead bill reduced substantially. Times like this are why it’s smart to plan ahead for these types of things. I feel sorry for anyone who didn’t.

I would hate to be the Cheesecake Factory. But I think they were struggling before any of this hit.

Back