Overweight life ins

I already told the client they will be getting a standard rate up front. I feel my job as an agent is to always do my due diligence. If I can come back afterwards and say wow I was doing research and I found this company and I convinced them to take you at a preferred rate! I would say then it becomes a 98% chance of making a sale.

My mentor taught me to never take the insurance companies at their word, the answer is almost always no the first time but if you keep digging you may find a different answer.

I down play expectations if field underwriting warrants it, but always tell them that I'll try for better. Makes you look like you're in their corner.

Yeah I like that approach that makes sense

Much of what we do is positioning or helping to position our prospect into a place they can make decisions from. I never try to "sale" anything unless it's me. Product is always placed and expectations set. If you don't set expectations, they will draw their own and this can be dangerous as we have little control over end result (approval) once we begin down a chosen road or product.

Always attempt to remain in the diver seat, regardless if a sale is made or not. It helps to preserve the gray matter between your ears.:yes:

agree it can happen, i am mainly saying that carrier may have also had preferred select & super-preferred above it & also may have been in a table shaving phase
Don't forget about the sooper-dooper preferred class. It's actually priced like a GI product, but people love to have a policy that says they are sooper-dooper.

Back