PA Insurance Commission Bans In-Person Sales

DayTimer

Guru
5000 Post Club
Just popped on quick to share this. Apparently the state DOI has found agents selling face to face which is in violation of the explicit language pertaining to insurance agents in Governor Wolfe's order. The DOI has decided if they find out you have been contacting folks in person to sell them insurance, your license may be at risk.

"Any insurance licensees found to be in violation of this order by offering in-person sales and brokerage will receive a letter of violation from the Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID), and the violation will be forwarded to the Pennsylvania State Police for further prosecution.

Continued violation of the governor’s order through in-person sales and brokerage may be considered by the Department in evaluating a licensee’s worthiness to hold a license in the Commonwealth and will result in immediate administrative prosecution by PID. Penalties under such prosecution may include revoking insurance licenses, and civil monetary penalties."

Agents in other states may want to check with their DOI.

Be safe and be well.

https://www.lackawannacounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/sales.pdf

Just popped on quick to share this. Apparently the state DOI has found agents selling face to face which is in violation of the explicit language pertaining to insurance agents in Governor Wolfe's order. The DOI has decided if they find out you have been contacting folks in person to sell them insurance, your license may be at risk.

"Any insurance licensees found to be in violation of this order by offering in-person sales and brokerage will receive a letter of violation from the Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID), and the violation will be forwarded to the Pennsylvania State Police for further prosecution.

Continued violation of the governor’s order through in-person sales and brokerage may be considered by the Department in evaluating a licensee’s worthiness to hold a license in the Commonwealth and will result in immediate administrative prosecution by PID. Penalties under such prosecution may include revoking insurance licenses, and civil monetary penalties.

Agents in other states may want to check with their DOI.

Be safe and be well.

https://www.lackawannacounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/sales.pdf
Well, I guess if you were still on the fence about cold calling, this just knocked you off on the DNC side..

Thanks for posting. I was on a call with a MA carrier this afternoon who cautioned against selling F2F. He said he wouldn't do it, but it wasn't prohibited, according to the DOI. I just forwarded this to him.

And also to an *** agent friend of mine, who is still selling F2F FE in Philly. She refuses to accept how serious the virus is, and won't do telesales or online.

He said he wouldn't do it, but it wasn't prohibited, according to the DOI.

It was explicitly prohibited two weeks ago and specifically singled out insurance agents. Too many agents not abiding by it so now they are getting serious. I actually got this from @jdeasy. I called a buddy of mine who is a compliance officer with a local agency to tell him, and he said that he already knew. Consumers are calling police on door knocking agents.

So, all "fear-mongering" aside, if you knock a door and that person is scared enough they might call the police on you. If you make an appointment and you cough or sneeze, they might call the police on you.

Isn't worth any of the risks involved, imo.

It was explicitly prohibited two weeks ago and specifically singled out insurance agents. Too many agents not abiding by it so now they are getting serious. I actually got this from @jdeasy. I called a buddy of mine who is a compliance officer with a local agency to tell him, and he said that he already knew. Consumers are calling police on door knocking agents.

So, all "fear-mongering" aside, if you knock a door and that person is scared enough they might call the police on you. If you make an appointment and you cough or sneeze, they might call the police on you.

Isn't worth any of the risks involved, imo.
Hey! Firearms stores are still open. Ammo is an essential product... If you do anything like that they may shoot first, then call the police on you! :wideeyed:

Hey! Firearms stores are still open. Ammo is an essential product... If you do anything like that they may shoot first, then call the police on you! :wideeyed:

Careful there Louis, or veggieinsurance will report you to the mods for taking us off topic.

I'm usually more scared of the unfed pit bulls roaming the fenced corral myself.

Ok ... back to work. Y'all be safe!

Careful there Louis, or veggieinsurance will report you to the mods for taking us off topic.

I'm usually more scared of the unfed pit bulls roaming the fenced corral myself.

Ok ... back to work. Y'all be safe!
That is not off topic.. Still talking about what may happen if you violate the No Knock order... DOI might be the least of a guy's worries.. :yes:

I can see the advertisement in all of the local PA papers - "Did an insurance agent visit you home during the Covid 19 crisis? Contact Dewey, Cheatem and Howe to find out if you are eligible for compensation"...bet on it.

I have friends all over the country who sell door to door - not just insurance, but many different products and services, Many of these states have explicitly banned face to face solicitation and selling, door to door sales, etc.

Liability is everywhere.

Latest posts

Back