Panda Update...

the bottom line is that adwords puts revenue in Google's pockets, and paid links puts revenue in someone else's pockets...that's why adwords is ok, and paid links are not.

ding ding ding, I think we have a winner!

I'm in agreement with Bob and a few others about Google. While I respect their decision to earn a buck, let's not blindly think that the organic searches are the sole focus of Google. They do their best to make sure the pages are relevant and they do a good job overall

They have been tightening the organic results for years now and it's ridiculous in a few verticals. They have tried to get into many niches, and may get into insurance here in the USA.

Always a good idea to have multiple traffic streams. Media buying is one angle and it's A LOT cheaper to utilize than PPC. I suspect in the next year or so the health insurance vertical will closely mirror Medigap SERP's. 2-3 gov't sites, few brands ranking that shouldn't (state farm anybody) and the rest of the folks.

Want to find out where the top companies are getting their traffic. Check out whatrunswhere.com It's a bit expensive, but they have VERY good data and a 7 day trial.

Have you seen anything good, bad, or indifferent about the link disavowal tool?

Well, a couple of things...

By submitting your links to Google for scrutiny you are giving them all the more reason for keeping an eye on you.

You most likely don't know which backlinks are causing you the trouble.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This Cutts fellow is somewhat interesting -- he has absolutely no problem touting the fact that his company screws up millions of small businesses through their shenanigans and their very serious desire to conquer the Internet.

It's a big laugh -- people losing their online businesses, maybe their homes...

I guess everybody's supposed to work for Google.
will be here later this week or early next week.

In other news, Miami U beat Bowling Green tonight in the first round of the MAC Tournament.

Google no longer even knows what the results of their updates are going to be. They've been tweaking and re-tweaking everything for so long they've most likely lost track of what their changes will even do.

One thing I can say is that their organic search results are absolutely the crappiest they've ever been. I'm surprised this doesn't bother them. Maybe THAT'S the reason for the new algo update.

Most importantly, however, is the fact that I think we can all collectively stop worrying about Google for a while -- the real SEO people have figured out how to control things again.

Thank God.

Last edited:
Well, a couple of things...

By submitting your links to Google for scrutiny you are giving them all the more reason for keeping an eye on you.

You most likely don't know whiwith old school internet marketersch backlinks are causing you the trouble.

This Cutts fellow is somewhat interesting -- he has absolutely no problem touting the fact that his company screws up millions of small businesses through their shenanigans and their very serious desire to conquer the Internet.

It's a big laugh -- people losing their online businesses, maybe their homes...

I guess everybody's supposed to work for Google.

Google no longer even knows what the results of their updates are going to be. They've been tweaking and re-tweaking everything for so long they've most likely lost track of what their changes will even do.

One thing I can say is that their organic search results are absolutely the crappiest they've ever been. I'm surprised this doesn't bother them. Maybe THAT'S the reason for the new algo update.

Most importantly, however, is the fact that I think we can all collectively stop worrying about Google for a while -- the real SEO people have figured out how to control things again.

Thank God.

You can tell you've been in internet marketing for too long. I feel bad for you mike I really do. You're literally an SEO dinosaur. I noticed this trend with old school internet marketers of being unable to adapt (or struggle to adapt for a short period of time) then complain about the changing times.

What you fail to realize is that Google is not in business for you nor any other small business. Their main objective is to deliver high quality and relevant search results to users. Monopolies like this don't just happen in a free market. Its a majority of user choosing to use Google over bing, yahoo, and other search engines. If Google was not bringing people what they wanted over and over again, nobody would use them.

You are free to use search engines that acknowledge things like keyword stuffing in <h> tags and meta descriptions like bing or yahoo but they don't drive as much traffic since people that rank well there are allowed to get away with spammy tactics which yields less relevant results.
I'm glad Google is turning their backs on people like you. Its about time that internet marketing became a REAL form of marketing.

Btw I'm curious to hear about how you did after the new update mike. My money site's over all search queries are up 47% and impressions up 23%.

Last edited:
What you fail to realize is that Google is not in business for you nor any other small business. Their main objective is to deliver high quality and relevant search results to users.

Google "Life Insurance Rates" and convince me that a site that was registered in Oct 2012 is occupying the #1 position for that term (and other very competitive keywords) has the "highest quality and relevant result" for that search. Outranking Geico, USAA, State Farm, Kiplinger's, etc.

Not buying it.

Google "Life Insurance Rates" and convince me that a site that was registered in Oct 2012 is occupying the #1 position for that term (and other very competitive keywords) has the "highest quality and relevant result" for that search. Outranking Geico, USAA, State Farm, Kiplinger's, etc.

Not buying it.

Sape, redirects and private blog network are helping that guy. He knows what he's doing.

Sape, redirects and private blog network are helping that guy. He knows what he's doing.

SAPE was targeted by Google and sites with SAPE backlinks were supposed to be penalized. Same for most blog networks.

Are you saying he knows some tricks to fly under the Panda radar or just hasn't been bitchslapped yet?

SAPE was targeted by Google and sites with SAPE backlinks were supposed to be penalized. Same for most blog networks.

Are you saying he knows some tricks to fly under the Panda radar or just hasn't been bitchslapped yet?

I STRONGLY disagree that ALL of Sape got penalized. Public networks are never a good idea, but private networks are fine.

He does know a few tricks. Just look at this backlink profile and you will see it very clearly.

Back