Paying for leads vs paying for lead generation

Posting links and selling services without adding any previous value ...

Yes ... the problem is he wants to use this online community for his own gain but not be a part of it. "Spamming with links to your business is not a "value-add" if it the only thing you post. Next thing you know we'll have links to calendarleads.com everywhere

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a customer of calendar leads dot com and I have made a ridiculous ROI on my lead purchases made through them so far. Ridiculous ... but I am a customer providing a referral, not a vendor trying to drum up business.

I’m sorry you feel that way, DayTimer. My background is in finance and sales, not forum posts. If we’re not learning and growing by admitting our shortfalls, than one may as well give up. Since you are obviously knowledgeable in what can/cannot be posted, what would you recommend in how I interact with this forum? Obviously, my goal is to expand my market reach within the online community

This is the final expense forum. Do you really think activities and processes for building a financial advisor practice is compatible with the needs for the aspiring final expense agent? If so, then you should start your pitch with saying why...since most of us will disagree from the jump.

You can literally buy a fb fe course for 1500 and generate your own for lower lol.

Absolutely! You can learn many things in your life and save by not hiring professionals providing services. I did my own bookkeeping and business tax filings, but I had the skills and at one point I almost bought a tax prep business... When it comes to leadgen and marketing, I always loved it. It fascinated me!

You can learn it from courses, through practice or both (preferred way). How do you think those "course creators" learn their stuff?

Do you feel like someone is stealing money from you when they perform services that you might know how to do yourself? Just curious...

PS. The numbers in given scenarios are examples only. The purpose of my post was to ask which model would be better for agents.

Last edited:
We have a $150 Facebook Campaign that guarantees 10 Leads. Hot, Fresh and Direct to the Agent.

I was only asking a question which "model" would be more acceptable for individual agents, so the numbers in my scenarios are only examples. Do they prefer to pay per lead or a retainer plus "all you can eat" from the ad spend :-)

I was only asking a question which "model" would be more acceptable for individual agents, so the numbers in my scenarios are only examples. Do they prefer to pay per lead or a retainer plus "all you can eat" from the ad spend :-)

Well I got the pay per lead on lockdown at Calendar Leads . Why don’t you try the all you can eat model?

We have a $150 Facebook Campaign that guarantees 10 Leads. Hot, Fresh and Direct to the Agent.

Our agents love the simple 10 lead guarantee. If they want 20 - they just run two Ad Campaigns . . .

Then again, we don't offer the all you can eat. $15 is a fair price for a hot, fresh lead.

We are working on a Medicare lead. That's will be $150 for 6 leads.

Well I got the pay per lead on lockdown at Calendar Leads . Why don’t you try the all you can eat model?

The "all you can eat" retainer model is still on the table (not sure if I will pull the trigger though), but it would fit larger teams or IMOs better than individual agents. In many cases, it's simple economics.

Let's assume a team of 10 agents could pay $500/mo (just for illustration purposes) per agent PLUS additional $600 for the actual cost of ads.

Retainer - 10 agents x $500 = $5,000/mo
Ad spend - 10 x $600 = $6,000/mo
TOTAL = $11,000/mo

That $6,000 ad spend has a potential to generate anywhere from 600 leads (@$10/lead) to 1,500 leads (@$4/lead). Let's say it produces 1,000 leads on average. That means that each agent would receive around 100 leads per month.

Their actual investment?

$500+$600=$1,100/mo for 100 exclusive leads which translates to $11/lead! It sure could go higher that that, but it could also go lower. Even if it goes up to $15/lead, it still beats the $20-$25 per lead programs out there! :-)

As I said before, this model is best suited for larger teams or IMOs.

Back