PDP - is It Worth It?

BTW, it would be nice to know what state the posters are in? Please add your state flag. It's not difficult to do.

What difference does it make? :goofy:
I'm an American who lives and works in different states and I wish to remain Free! :cool:
Joe Biden "don't put those chains on me" -- Kid Rock! :jimlad:

PS First Health Part DValue Plus (PDP) Available in 48 states and the District of Columbia, not in Hawaii or Alaska.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just going by what my marketer told me on the Value Plus plan having a deductible next year.

I do it for free and my clients love me. In 3 years I have not lost 1 client to another agent and even though I no longer market med supps. I still sell several a month off of referrals. I take my laptop and enroll my clients on the medicare.gov website. I make sure they no that I do this because there is no way any one agent could have every available PDP in his/her portfolio to offer and by doing it my way they are guaranteed to get what's best for them. The $25 I lose per sale is much cheaper than advertising my business and I look like a hero for helping them for free.

I've been selling med supps for a couple of years now and have reently move into a retail/office location that is situated next to our hometown pharmacy.

I would like to leverage that traffic during AEP, but with the low commissions and referral fees, I would like to get some opinions as to whether the time spent is worth it. I'm more interesting in making contact for med supp replacements, and using PDP as a "loss leader" of sorts.

Thoughts? Thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I will assist with Part D only for my clients with med supps.
I have probably picked up 100+ med supps because of this stance I take.
I will not help someone if they have their med supp through another agent.
Rick will call me stupid.

GREAT POLICY, and I do the same with commercial insurance. Virginia has had some changes in Workers' Comp. especially pertaining to contractors. When I spoke to one of my clients he said he was meeting with some of his contractor buddies and could I explain it to them. I told him that I would always take great care to keep him informed but his friends need to speak to their agent, or switch to me and I will give them the same treatment he gets.

Last edited:
I'm just going by what my marketer told me on the Value Plus plan having a deductible next year.

I understand. And all I was trying to do was post the information I have in hand from Coventry which clearly states: "Benefits and pricing are not final until CMS approval."

I changed my avitar so it now has a flag. It takes all kinds...

I wish moonlightandmargaritas would change his avitar -:arghh:- it makes me dizzy!

Back