Penguin 2.0

I'm not sure why it's so secret. He wasn't as secret before about it. I've been to the site and can't recall how I got there.
Even his name here is made up. I guess if someone knew his real name, they would find his site eh?
If folks wanted to replicate a link profile, there are thousands of others out there that are also successful.

I just find it odd that he is quick to comment on other peoples sites/situations, but is never willing to disclose his own.
Why exactly would he want a sales site to be private? And whenever his situation is brought up he usually just says how great his site is and then deflects all other comments/questions.
Im not saying he is lying, I just find it odd is all.

But it really makes you wonder when someone talks about this great site making loads of money but then wont disclose the site.

Are you going to buy a policy from me? probably not since your in SC. So why would I want non-targeted traffic coming to my site. Especially another insurance agent.

Find it as odd as you want the reality is a talk smack because I got nothing to prove ;)

Are you going to buy a policy from me? probably not since your in SC. So why would I want non-targeted traffic coming to my site. Especially another insurance agent.

Find it as odd as you want the reality is a talk smack because I got nothing to prove

Wasnt talking smack, just making an observation.

And there are plenty of consumers that read this site that might buy a policy from you.. if they knew what your site was.

I guess you arent here to help other agents better themselves (which is why agents here would like to see your site), but to just brag. And thats fine if thats what it takes to make yourself feel better.
But most agents are on here (especially the website section) to gain knowledge and share knowledge. This is why when you claimed to have a successful site people wanted to see it. They thought that you might actually want to contribute to helping others with something you claim to be successful at.
But instead you just say "why should I show you my site?", without any explanation as to why you wouldnt want to share how your site looks. And this my friend, is what people find odd. The fact that you just say "why", with no logical explanation.

And when you talk smack to someone who only said that something you did was "odd", you might want to use correct grammar.

If you take my comments as "talking smack", then thats your problem big guy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So why would I want non-targeted traffic coming to my site. Especially another insurance agent.

Does traffic in general not help your seo?

Last edited:
Wasnt talking smack, just making an observation.

If you take my comments as "talking smack", then thats your problem big guy.

I think you misunderstood, he says *he* talks smack because he doesn't care.

Does traffic in general not help your seo?

Traffic in general doesn't necessarily help SEO. In fact, some negative SEO tactics folks can do involve taking a site and doing offsite measures to help a competitor rank well for less desirable but related terms. For example, if someone has a site ranking for "health insurance in (whatever city)", folks could setup backlinks for "free health insurance in (whatever city)" in an attempt to get google to favor it for free vs paying insurance. That's a very lame example, but that's the idea.

I think you misunderstood, he says *he* talks smack because he doesn't care.

Traffic in general doesn't necessarily help SEO. In fact, some negative SEO tactics folks can do involve taking a site and doing offsite measures to help a competitor rank well for less desirable but related terms. For example, if someone has a site ranking for "health insurance in (whatever city)", folks could setup backlinks for "free health insurance in (whatever city)" in an attempt to get google to favor it for free vs paying insurance. That's a very lame example, but that's the idea.

If that is what he meant by that sentence then I definitely misunderstood.... lol.

And if he thinks that a bunch of agents are going to do negative seo tactics against him, then he thinks way to much of the skill level on here.

If that is what he meant by that sentence then I deisly misunderstood.... lol.

And if he thinks that a bunch of agents are going to do negative seo tactics against him, notks way to much of the skill level on here.

I'm not worried about negative seo or even people stealing my link profile. Link building now is really relationship building so even if you see my links, good luck trying to get them. I dont have a spam profile so youll be looking at links you cant just create on the web. Negative seo can happen but in the long term its hard to do permanent damage to a quality site unless you hack it. I choose not to share my site because i closely monitor my analytics and conversions. I don't want people throwing off my numbers and doing things like filling out quote forms just to see how the site works.

Although you may see it that way, I'm not here to brag and show off. after all, this is the internet who really cares..... People ask questions or make statements and I add what works for me since its the only information I have. I've never claimed to be an SEO pro nor have I ever tried to sell anything on IF. I simply come on here to see how the veterans in the industry think and act so I can get into the mind of the competition.

For example, I see a lot of people offer and promote WordPress as a insurance website solution. If the majority of top agents on here use WordPress to compete, it could be safe to assume my competition thinks the same. Slap up a $500 website, add content and watch the leads come in. While its a legitimate platform to start one, wp is typically for the little guy. But I still see a lot of even big brand companies cheap on on their website and web marketin so I position myself to capitalize on that.

Even my #1 corporate competitor with 100,000+ backlinks and has locations in 5 states uses a lot of spam tactics to rank. What I've done is position myself in their space and have been creeping up on them with each update. not everyone is on here to teach or help but i can say most of the regulars have other motives behind their posts.

Last edited:
Seems that way.

If he owns the site he claims he does (which I have no reason to doubt), he's done a great job doing things himself. I won't share it here because he has wanted to keep it more private. The site gets good traffic and seems to be well favored by Google, even after updates. He's also spent a lot of time and energy really learning the ins and outs of how SEO optimization works. One thing he may be dismissing too readily is the residual income of his efforts.

Whatever the case may be, I think this has been a pretty interesting thread. This last update hurt me a bit, but I'm sure it'll work itself out. Going to probably be investing heavily in PPC soon which is probably the most (expensive and) stable way to grow.

I think I might have to invest in PPC again, too. Not thrilled about it. :(

I think I might have to invest in PPC again, too. Not thrilled about it.

Actually I was thinking about trying ppc to supplement my growth since i just added 2 sales guys. Why are you not thrilled about ppc?

Has anyone on here had a high level of success running ppc adds for a small office, maybe 5 or less agents?

Actually I was thinking about trying ppc to supplement my growth since i just added 2 sales guys. Why are you not thrilled about ppc?

Has anyone on here had a high level of success running ppc adds for a small office, maybe 5 or less agents?

Yes. For as few as 1 agent, but it depends on time of year and source and other factors, of course.

Yes. For as flaunchingent, but it depends on time of year and source and other factors, of course.

Yeah definitely I was thinking about launching a small supplemental campaign on keywords i rank for currently because i know they convert.

I was curious would you mind sharing only your ROI % my numbers estimate look ok but im using organic data which i lnow is different than ppc data.

Back