Please Update: Foresters Death Claims

daisyq

Just added Foresters this week, and was really excited because now I could get an underwriting decision while in the house. Then stumbled on this thread:

I can't post the url because I have less than 20 posts. So the date was 1-26-2012 and it was jdeasy's post. It was titled "Foresters Death Claim?"

Now I'm pretty concerned. For those that don't have time to look at it, it's 17 pages of negative claims experience (during first 2 years) from several agents with Foresters.

The thread is over 2 years old, so I'm wondering, have they changed at all, or do most of you steer clear from them?

If so, I would love a recommendation for a good "go-to" carrier with POS interview. I'm in SC.

Also, I read the whole thread and still couldn't find whether they paid JD's claim or not.

Thanks in advance for any thought or suggestions.

Just added Foresters this week, and was really excited because now I could get an underwriting decision while in the house. Then stumbled on this thread:

I can't post the url because I have less than 20 posts. So the date was 1-26-2012 and it was jdeasy's post. It was titled "Foresters Death Claim?"

Now I'm pretty concerned. For those that don't have time to look at it, it's 17 pages of negative claims experience (during first 2 years) from several agents with Foresters.

The thread is over 2 years old, so I'm wondering, have they changed at all, or do most of you steer clear from them?

If so, I would love a recommendation for a good "go-to" carrier with POS interview. I'm in SC.

Also, I read the whole thread and still couldn't find whether they paid JD's claim or not.

Foresters has an A+ with the BBB

I have had good experiences with Foresters, I've prob placed over 250k with them over the years and they have paid claims pretty well. However there are several agents on here that have had different experiences with them.

NONE of the insurers are going to hand over a check if the client dies in the first 2 years without pulling 10 years of Dr's Records.

I have a death claim that has not paid, going on 6 months, because one of the Dr's Doesn't want to send the records and the Beneficiary is in another state, so she can't just go over and raise hell.

RNA is good, just more expensive than Foresters, no HT/Weight chart, Preferred ratings for Insulin diabetics, the application is now done over the phone. I don't even think you're required to fax over a paper application, however, that POS application takes around 20-30 minutes on the phone with the client.

SNL is working on something similar to what RNA has and is working on it as we type. I'm told they are really spending time perfecting it before they release it so as to cut the POS time down as much as possible. This is top secret stuff so don't tell anyone about it. lol

So the advantage of Snl will be gone. I don't use much outside the graded but short app and no pos are there strong pts.Americo has a quirky rx formula. Why is snl going to pos?Will they still require on graded?If it's longer than aetna's pos they'll lose a lot of business.

So the advantage of Snl will be gone. I don't use much outside the graded but short app and no pos are there strong pts.Americo has a quirky rx formula. Why is snl going to pos?Will they still require on graded?If it's longer than aetna's pos they'll lose a lot of business.

I've heard that SNL's pos interviews will be optional.

Back