Policy Delivery Poll

Do you deliver or mail policies?

• Total voters
Is that John Galt calling Spur a punk actor?When money's involved things get messy.I agree with Galt there's a ton of big agents who write many co's and never win a trip.

I guess you would have to define what "big" is to you... My experience is all big producers have qualified for a trip(s)

Travis

I guess you would have to define what "big" is to you... My experience is all big producers have qualified for a trip(s)

Travis

I had that same discussion with Scott today. I agree it's very difficult for the $80-100K a year producer to earn a trip if they are spreading their business around.

But this discussion was about the real deal producers. The $150-200K and up per year producers.

There's no way those agents are not going to earn a company trip along the way somewhere, somehow. Even without trying or even wanting the trip.

FYI: Trinity does NOT 1099 trips. Neither do a few other carriers.

When you have friends in the business winning these trips along side you, the trips are pretty awesome. If you don't have many friends winning them, I would probably agree that it wouldn't be as fun.

you make some good points. But I rather have my friends and I plan my own vacations, on our own time and dime.

Do what you love, and you'll be successful.

you make some good points. But I rather have my friends and I plan my own vacations, on our own time and dime.

Do what you love, and you'll be successful.

The 1099 thing is a very good point. Several years ago I got a $10K 1099 for a trip. Coming on the top end like that it cost me almost $5K in taxes for that "free" trip.

I can take a damn fine trip that doesn't involve a group of insurance agents for $5K.

The 1099 thing is a very good point. Several years ago I got a $10K 1099 for a trip. Coming on the top end like that it cost me almost $5K in taxes for that "free" trip.

I can take a damn fine trip that doesn't involve a group of insurance agents for $5K.

My Father taught me that lesson years ago....Companies mean well, but again, I prefer to book my own trips on my own terms.

But if you're looking to get inner working knowledge of a particular company, probably makes sense to attend these things.

Different strokes for different folks

I thought we were talking about policy delivery ?

How did this turn into a circle jerker forum for trip winners ?

Lol

The best option of all is when the company gives you a cash option you can take instead of the trip. Then you can either go or take the cash and plan your own trip. Not many companies do that though. Oxford is doing something like that now. Aetna has done it before too.

I thought you guys had teamed up?? Didn't I see a FB post about that?

After Spur approached me about teaming up we came to an agreement...sadly he didnt live up to his end so I chose to part ways and I ended the deal. Wasnt really a two way street. I jetted once I saw what was happening. Stuff happens, its the best outcome.

After Spur approached me about teaming up we came to an agreement...sadly he didnt live up to his end so I chose to part ways and I ended the deal. Wasnt really a two way street. I jetted once I saw what was happening. Stuff happens, its the best outcome.

did he call you at 11pm in evening and leave threatening voice mails???

Back