Policy Delivery Poll

Do you deliver or mail policies?

• Total voters
This B-S always being spouted on these forums about doing what's best for the client is horse manure.

If you want to truely do what's ALWAYS in the clients best interest you would have WELL over 100 carriers and sell MANY carriers with lower than normal commissions and some even as-earned due to their competitive pricing.

Truth is NO ONE ALWAYS does what's in the clients best interest. They might TRY and do what THEY THINK is the best but in no way does that mean they are doing what's best at all times. MOST just write what is the best thing in their bag at that time.

Carrier trips are EASY to win while writing multiple carriers "IF" you are a true player in this game.

We both know loud and clear that if you are placing a ton of business with a few carriers and winning trips with them you definitely are NOT looking hard enough at what else is available. Now, thats not to say that having a ton of leads to work and writing a ton of business isnt going to get you there....it certainly does, however, take Foresters for example, an agent in my neck of the woods could place the amount needed with them to win a trip....and it would be stupid for the mere fact that it is easy to replace here, maybe not so much in Texas....so if you have that cruise on your mind you are going to reach for that carrier. We are all human and have a tendency to do what is easiest at times and what fully benefits us....so its not "horse manure". Its true.

Maybe I should move to Texas and write business...im sure its a target rich environment. If you wanna know what is real "horse manure" keep talking.

Its just the fact that if an agent doesnt win some stupid ass carrier trip a lot of the guys here act like they arent dick. Truth is there are far more agents that write less and are in the business longer than flash in the pan wonder boys....time will tell.

----------

I'm going to disagree about the trip part. While I agree it's sorta difficult for the independent agent to qualify for trips the bar is not that high for most companies.

The real deal agents are going to have a go to company or even a couple go to companies. I'm talking about the $150-200K producers.

The Trinity/FBL trip is what? $60K? RNA is the same range. Also Foresters and Aetna.

Seems most all are in the $60-70K range for a year. Some companies have a longer qualifying than 1 year but it still works out to about $60K for a year.

I've qualified for a trip every year I've been in this business. The toughest one was RNA's Maui trip when it was $90K to qualify.

Of course companies use issued/paid business and not submitted and most require at least 80% persistency. Some a little lower and some a little higher.

KSKJ requires 85%. Seems a bit high for FE but that's their rule.

I think Settlers only requires something like $40K for their trip and Oxford is doing something with personal trips.

No reason for real deal fulltime FE agents to make a trip or two in their careers. Even spreading business around.

But that air is more rarified than agents are led to believe. The last RNA trip I made they gave us the numbers. They had 9000 contracted agents. 45 agents qualified for the trip. But most of those were uplines that got there on the backs of the writing agents.

There was only 9 agents there that got there from their own pen.

I'm taking Doug's point to be that you can very quickly tell who is a real deal if they made company trips on their own pen. Not to say that people that don't make them are not the real deal and are, as you say, spreading their business too thin. Just harder to figure out who those people are.

Kinda my point thats highlighted above. Im still gonna disagree about directing x number of ap to a certain company to win a trip, thats my real gripe. And its talked and pitched around far too often from marketers...."hey we are pushing company x to win this trip next year.....now Im pushing company y the last half of the year for their trip....if company x was so good then why pull off them at all?

Just agents heads swelling that have to act like they got a pair. I dont need a free company trip. Ill pay for my own from commissions I get while writing any company without the need to worry about a trip...I just think it muddles the process of being a good agent......and in no way am I including you in that category. Im talking about the massive amount of bs that is thrown around here from "others".

----------

Matt you are 100% correct!!! We are in sales, we are not the Red Cross. We are not doing humanitarian deeds by talking someone into purchasing a FE policy.

You might wanna rub that brown stuff off your nose, he is not coming to the darkside LOL!!!!!!:D This is a joke so dont get ill :)

Last edited:
4 of the TOP AGENTS in the Country all have the same thoughts on the topic.

JD, HoosierDaddy, Agentguy5 & SPUR CITY. Close to 1.5 MILLION combined between us 4 in 2015 and NUMEROUS carrier trips won amongst us over our tenure. Who should the audience listen to?

Us or you? :)

P.S. I wrote OVER 20 different carriers in 2015 and won multiple trips.

The players know who the players are :)

My work here is done...

4 of the TOP AGENTS in the Country all have the same thoughts on the topic.

JD, HoosierDaddy, Agentguy5 & SPUR CITY. Close to 1.5 MILLION combined between us 4 in 2015 and NUMEROUS carrier trips won amongst us over our tenure. Who should the audience listen to?

Us or you? :)

P.S. I wrote OVER 20 different carriers in 2015 and won multiple trips.

The players know who the players are :)

My work here is done...

Nice...Im discussing my response with someone....I want to be crystal clear and completely within my legal rights to do so....before I unleash the gates of hell on you.

I dont see an "audience"...only agents, you on the other hand are a punk actor, thats why all you see is an "audience".

P.S. Its nice to see you finally revealing the real you to everyone...you know the really ballsy dont give a rats booty about anyone but yourself, lying kinda guy...fits you like a glove and you wear it well....the emperor has no clothes!!

Last edited:
Nice...Im discussing my response with someone....I want to be crystal clear and completely within my legal rights to do so....before I unleash the gates of hell on you.

I dont see an "audience"...only agents, you on the other hand are a punk actor, thats why all you see is an "audience".

I just poured a Natty Light

Sounds so good! But I am 11 months and 1 day without a drop! When I make it to 1 year I might reward myself by getting DRUNK!!!

Sometimes I miss the late night drunk posting on the forum.... :)

LOL, with me you would think Im drunk all the time....rarely drink ever LOL

Hey, Im serious about killing some boar if you really were serious about me coming there to do it.

Sounds so good! But I am 11 months and 1 day without a drop! When I make it to 1 year I might reward myself by getting DRUNK!!!

Sometimes I miss the late night drunk posting on the forum.... :)

Man, you're regular Wes Welker. You should try out for the NFL! Naw man, just kidding. God Bless You, that's awesome.:noteworthy:

Back