Position Offered. Good or B.S ?

Re: Position Offered---Good or B.S???

When does the week's training come in, after your appointments are made with the Ins. cos. You could be looking at more than a week of lost time. Asking to speak with other managers is not a fool proof way to determine anything. Ask for a list of current managers and take pot shot with two or three of your choosing. I've laughed at people that ask for references as if do you think that I would give you a bad reference. If you decide to go for it let us know how it's going. t hall

Yea, I think I'm going to try it. By my math, even if I earn half of what they say I should make, it's twice what I'm making now...

Last edited:

Ok, I was offered a position with a company that sells to Federal employees. Here are the supposeds:

1) I am to run a team of agents, whom I'll be getting an override off of.

2) I start in the field, running pre set appointments with government workers (postal, teachers, etc) at their place of employment. Supposedly the appointments are for group presentations and the policies I write will be auto deducted from their paycheck.

3) The avereage annual premuim is $2400. My commission is 50%.

4) I'm expected to produce no less than $24k in annual premium my first month, or I get the ax.

I hate to be such a noob, but well, I am. Are these numbers even possible in this field, or are they blowing smoke up my ass?

A little background on myself: Been in sales and sales management for 15 years, mostly commissioned, and running teams of 1099 reps. Superstar producer in multiple financial related industries. Not bragging, because lord knows I've failed at least as much as I've succeeded in life.

Any help that you all could render would be greatly appreciated. If I take this position, it means leaving my salaried (though relatively low paying) job where I'm at to go back to straight commission.

Sounds too good to be true in my opinion, you can always stick your feet in the water before you jump in, but from my experiences, alot of members here are right, we have all heard the great, you'll be rich this easy pitch. I would ask alot of questions if I were you...

Neophyte, its been 2 weeks where are we on the decision? Waiting to hear how it's going.

I do not like all the "supposedly" remarks you made. Sounds like you don't trust them. Did they seem like sheisters?

Sounds like the approach Colorado Bankers Life agents use in this market...A product which is a combination of whole life with an annuity rider which is sold as a conversion to a Roth IRA...Madison National takes this approach also...Typically they shoot for a $200 bi-weekly deduction...The federal market can be lucrative if you can get to see enough employees, which, is the biggest challenge...By law, you cannot solicit on Federal property.

Back