Postage rates going up 5% Jan 22. Fixed cost will be in the $40-$45 range

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Take into account postage rising and response rates falling the last 3 yrs . Add in more and more fe seniors online filling out ads . 10 years ago a fixed cost dm lead that said “ life ins “ was $25 . Today that same lead avg’s $45 min nationwide . As Josh said some places it’s $63 . Fmo’s are going to have to start subsidizing some of this cost increase . The days of buying 50 leads a week with an appointment setter and just working the set appts are over . You won’t net squat .

Take into account postage rising and response rates falling the last 3 yrs . Add in more and more fe seniors online filling out ads . 10 years ago a fixed cost dm lead that said “ life ins “ was $25 . Today that same lead avg’s $45 min nationwide . As Josh said some places it’s $63 . Fmo’s are going to have to start subsidizing some of this cost increase . The days of buying 50 leads a week with an appointment setter and just working the set appts are over . You won’t net squat .

Response rates has been slowly declining for over 15 years, while postage rates have been steadily going up. Sr Life's DM piece says "life insurance" and "final expenses" in the 1st sentence and "funeral expenses" in the 3rd sentence. This lead piece is $31 to a max of $37 each depending on which state the mailing is in, no PO Boxes, and leads can be generated with no upfront money if the manager will cosign for the drop, which is usually the case. Or the agent can do their own drops, set their own patameters, for only $375 per 1000 mailed.

This may change with a 5% postal rate increase. The $31 leads will probably increase to (31 x 1.05)=$32.55. The $37 leads will probably increase to (37 x 1.05)=$38.85. And for prepaid drop ($375 x 1.05)=$393.75. Still the best rate around for fresh exclusive leads.

Last edited:
Response rates has been slowly declining for over 15 years, while postage rates have been steadily going up. Sr Life's DM piece says "life insurance" and "final expenses" in the 1st sentence and "funeral expenses" in the 3rd sentence. This lead piece is $31 to a max of $37 each depending on which state the mailing is in, no PO Boxes, and leads can be generated with no upfront money if the manager will cosign for the drop, which is usually the case. Or the agent can do their own drops, set their own patameters, for only $375 per 1000 mailed.

This may change with a 5% postal rate increase. The $31 leads will probably increase to (31 x 1.05)=$32.55. The $37 leads will probably increase to (37 x 1.05)=$38.85. And for prepaid drop ($375 x 1.05)=$393.75. Still the best rate around for fresh exclusive leads.

Greg that might work if you want to sell 1 company . I won’t say anything about the rates of sl . I’ll keep it on the importance of almost everyone on this board wanting choice to sell many CO’s . That’s not negotiable. People would be 100 times better going with Ben boman . 100% comp ,$22 leads and $10 pre set appointments to sell any company you want . That’s actually a good deal for 90% of agents . You wake up every morning and you have 5-7 preset appointments.

The sky is falling again.

Jd I’m just listing facts .For you to say there’s no price too high to pay for dm is crazy . It don’t effect me. All my mapd mail is free and I sell a could clip of life off it . You get a lot of no cost referrals. $45 for a newer agent is devastating

Jd I’m just listing facts .For you to say there’s no price too high to pay for dm is crazy . It don’t effect me. All my mapd mail is free and I sell a could clip of life off it . You get a lot of no cost referrals. $45 for a newer agent is devastating

I didn’t say that.

But I don’t sit around wringing my hands over things out of my control.

My experience is that response rates have not been going down.

Paying $36.50 now. Going up 5% if it’s passed on will be around $38.50.

Yes, I do get a lot of referrals. But that’s because I focus, wrongly according to you, on getting people the best price.

All the gnashing of teeth is for naught if the zealots are to be believed. The GOP will take over congress next month and you just know those business friendly GOP’ers will fix all these dastardly problems. :1wink:

Greg that might work if you want to sell 1 company . I won’t say anything about the rates of sl . I’ll keep it on the importance of almost everyone on this board wanting choice to sell many CO’s . That’s not negotiable. People would be 100 times better going with Ben boman . 100% comp ,$22 leads and $10 pre set appointments to sell any company you want . That’s actually a good deal for 90% of agents . You wake up every morning and you have 5-7 preset appointments.

That is a good deal too, but Josh said in another thread it was not available in the southeast, just too expensive.

Last edited:

Caveat, not an agent.

Your posts come across to me as describing some circumstances and whining about them.

Back