Preset Appointments- BEWARE

Don't give up on leads. If they are new to you they are NEW. It shouldn't matter how recent the actual information is. You work it just as hard as the last and the next. Leads are simply names, addresses, and phone numbers. I am just very leery of preset appointments. My experience was with GTN quotes, read RIPOFF REPORTS for more skinny. I DID get my money back.

For me it's a case of the last straw. it's the same results every time and I'm not a tolerant man. It's reached a point where I'm considering something other than insurance sales.

It's only a matter of time before the insurers wean the public away from the agent and towards their websites. The insurers already have us bringing the prospects to their websites for the application. You can bet that once a client has purchased a policy from an insurer that insurer will then invite the client to buy other products or increase their current coverage in the months and years ahead and without the need of an agent. A fair percentage of my income came from additional sales to past and current clients.

Watch and see.

He wants to know of a good source but doesn't want to let us know the name of the bad one?
Anyone see anything wrong with that?

walleye,

Really? Is that all you've got? If I'm given the name of the same company then I'll decline. I'll release the name when I'm ready.

I can see that some of you aren't here to be constructive. You're here because you've got nothing better to do. If you have nothing constructive to offer then leave the forums to those who are trying to raise awareness.

Last edited:
Internet policy binding and call centers have their place and their deficiencies. A call center will never take the time to explore additional needs or ask the right question. The click and bind generation will certainly find a need to call and ask an agent after their claim is denied. Think back to when you started and how you generated business. You did not do live transfers or preset appointment makers. You called people, got out into a community, sponsored a local sports team, glad handed and met people. Get up, get out, and start doing what works.

Just for giggles: From Craigslist Atlanta:

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

compensation: $15-$22 hrly

Sitter needed $15-$22 hrly Occasional Weeknights and Weekends

Must pass clean background checks

For consideration we need contact number, pictures and phone number

recognize the phone number?

Internet policy binding and call centers have their place and their deficiencies. A call center will never take the time to explore additional needs or ask the right question. The click and bind generation will certainly find a need to call and ask an agent after their claim is denied. Think back to when you started and how you generated business. You did not do live transfers or preset appointment makers. You called people, got out into a community, sponsored a local sports team, glad handed and met people. Get up, get out, and start doing what works.

Just for giggles: From Craigslist Atlanta:

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

compensation: $15-$22 hrly

Sitter needed $15-$22 hrly Occasional Weeknights and Weekends

Must pass clean background checks

For consideration we need contact number, pictures and phone number

recognize the phone number?

I wish I could go back to doing what worked when I started in 1981 but it's not the same. The penalty for calling someone who may be on the Do Not Call list is now $16,000 per call of which nearly 90% of all residents are on the list and I don't have time to check the list monthly. I used to love door knocking but now Delaware has a law against it and it's referred to as anti-peddling laws. Most communities now require that the salesman must register and secure a license for that community. It'll only get worse.

I'm curious, is that phone number a number of controversy? It's not familiar to me.

Last edited:
That is the phone number you posted for Mike Riley at the beginning of this string about preset appointments. Do you read your own stuff? So how is the same number used to contact your lead agent and hire a babysitter?

That is the phone number you posted for Mike Riley at the beginning of this string about preset appointments. Do you read your own stuff? So how is the same number used to contact your lead agent and hire a babysitter?

fed up,

That's not my post. That was a post by DancinMan63 in June of 2017.

Really? Is that all you've got? If I'm given the name of the same company then I'll decline. I'll release the name when I'm ready.

I can see that some of you aren't here to be constructive. You're here because you've got nothing better to do. If you have nothing constructive to offer then leave the forums to those who are trying to raise awareness.
You want info to help you.
You don't want to share info that could help another agent.
How are you raising awareness when you wouldn't share until your ready!
You apparently have nothing constructive to offer maybe you should take your own advise.

You want info to help you.
You don't want to share info that could help another agent.
How are you raising awareness when you wouldn't share until your ready!
You apparently have nothing constructive to offer maybe you should take your own advise.

walleye,

You entered the conversation as though you were hoping to get a laugh out of your friends. Some of you spend far too much time in these forums with nothing to do but criticize your peers for the most inane of subject matter.

Did you ever think that I may be deferring disclosure of the lead company in an effort not to jeopardize the possibility of a few good leads?

I'm not looking to embarrass you or anyone else but stop the juvenile behavior.

I promised earlier that I would disclose the results and I will but wait until the last card is played. Believe me, I don't want anyone to experience the same from this or any vendor.

Last edited:
walleye,

You entered the conversation as though you were hoping to get a laugh out of his friends. Sone of you spend far too much time in these forums with nothing to do but criticize your peers for the most inane of subject matter.

Did you ever think that I may be deferring disclosure of the lead company in an effort not to jeopardize the possibility of a few good leads?

I'm not looking to embarrass you or anyone else but stop the juvenile behavior.

I promised earlier that I would disclose the results and I will but wait until the last card is played. Believe me, I don't want anyone to experience the same from this or any vendor.
As long as I had any hope of them fulfilling my order, I would not out them either.. But, once all that was done, "Kattie, bar the door!"

I wish I could go back to doing what worked when I started in 1987 but it's not the same. The penalty for calling someone who may be on the Do Not Call list is now $16,000 per call of which nearly 90% of all residents are on the list and I don't have time to check the list monthly. I used to love door knocking but now Delaware has a law against it and it's referred to as anti-peddling laws. Most communities now require that the salesman must register and secure a license for that community. It'll only get worse.

I'm curious, is that phone number a number of controversy? It's not familiar to me.
I'm confused. You said you've sold insurance for 37 years, then in this post you say you started in 1987. That's only 31 years.

Have you thought about selling in your underwear?

I remember talking door knocking with you when you joined the Forum. I'm seeing towns require you to get a license and pay a fee . Even in the town I live in, and it's only good for 5 days. They're making it tougher, but there's still plenty of towns that don't mind if you door knock.

Or you could move to another state.

Back