Producers: What Does It Take to Make 50k Plus Your First Year?

Thanks, Wino:

At the moment I am working for New York Life. I have my licenses for Life Health and P&C and have an eye towards getting my 6&63 for Finances and Investing. I spend a lot of time trying to keep my "eyes on the prize" and not get bogged-down.

Some days are better than others. ;)

Best Wishes,

Bruce

The worst thing a NYL agent can do is get a 6&63. Don't do it.

Thanks, Wino:

At the moment I am working for New York Life. I have my licenses for Life Health and P&C and have an eye towards getting my 6&63 for Finances and Investing. I spend a lot of time trying to keep my "eyes on the prize" and not get bogged-down.

Some days are better than others. ;)

Best Wishes,

Bruce

I understand that NYL is probably pushing you to get those. John Hancock did the same to me. But do not get bogged down with more stuff. Learn Life Insurance first. NYL used to have great training. I Imagine they still do. Take all that they will give.

What does it take? I know I am reviving a year old thread but how about a can't quit attitude like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me define willing to work in this way.

I have been in this industry since 1975 and have never worked a 40 hour week. Not unusual to work 50, 60 or 70 hours even now.

I work 6 days a week in good years and bad, and always have.

If reserves are a problem you may not make it.

I salute you sir well said.

I'd say with a sales background you could easily make 50K selling FE. If you go independent with 100%+ contracts and sell 3 policies a week (average of $1800 in AP/wk), which is not hard, and spend $500/wk on leads, you should average close to $1000wk after expenses.

And honestly I think that's low balling it. I've been in sales for 10 years and just got into FE. I'm averaging about $2500 in AP a week (when I've purchased leads) working 25-30 hours a week, sometimes less. You HAVE to have a consistent lead source. But I've been doing that with going to school full time (Bible college) and working at the church 15-20 hours a week.

But schools out in 2 weeks, then I just have to buy more leads, which will equal more $$$.

Where do you buy quality leads?

Well the first week I cold called myself and did $3500 in AP. then I started buying TM leads (I didn't have time to cold call and work the leads at the same time). Ive bought them from a few sources, but lately I've been getting them from AIC. I'm about to start getting some DM leads for $26/lead from my IMO.

FE pros say DM leads are the only way to go. I'm about to find out if they are really better or not. We'll see soon. My mail got dropped on the 15th so I should have them start coming in by the first or second week of May.

Back