Question for Medicareguy

According to the WPS site, they boast that 30,000 Wisconsin residents have a Med Supp with them. You state you have 3,000 Med Supp clients. How did you manage to write 10% of the company's Med Supps? Seriously, I want to know how you managed to get 3,000 Med Supps on the books. My goal is 1,000, but if you can show me how to get to 3,000 I am listening. With those numbers, I'd venture to guess you are one of the top Med Supp agents in the country.
I'm still here. Today is my 30th anniversary. 15 years in direct sales. I have about 4,000 clients. We are still #1 in market share with about 42,000 customers. I am blessed to be salaried, bonused, pension, 6% matching and great benefits. Great company. Swimming in leads....the opposite of Independent Agents.
Leads and support. Many clients come from retiree groups that refer to me.

----------

MedicareGuy still hasn't told us how he has personally written 10% of WPS total marketshare. Does MedicareGuy own WPS? Do tell.
Today is my 30th anniversary. 15 in direct sales. We are still #1 in market share since 2008. Now have 4,000 clients. I do love my job.

Medicare guy you are a great self pimper...Do tell are you a Physicians Mutual guy or a WPS guy...come clean brother.

And he responded to a 5 1/2 year old post. Somebody is feeling a little insecure and needs to let us all know how important he is.

I'm still here. Today is my 30th anniversary. 15 years in direct sales. I have about 4,000 clients. We are still #1 in market share with about 42,000 customers. I am blessed to be salaried, bonused, pension, 6% matching and great benefits. Great company. Swimming in leads....the opposite of Independent Agents.

----------

Today is my 30th anniversary. 15 in direct sales. We are still #1 in market share since 2008. Now have 4,000 clients. I do love my job.

Happy Anniversary Medicareguy!!! :noteworthy:

----------

Ok guys lets not make Medicareguy feel bad because he could be making around a million per year in renewals but instead is happy with free health insurance and a "pension". Ill be honest Medicareguy, I envy your 4000 client book of biz but man it would drive me crazy knowing I was whoring myself out for some cheap benifits that arent worth what your giving up in renewals and commission. You could have been making over 1 million per year as an independent agent, but if that captive agent kool-aide makes you feel all warm in fuzzy in side then more power to you. Who knows, maybe you wouldn't have been nearly as successful as an indy agent so maybe this was the right move for you.

Last edited:
Ok guys lets not make Medicareguy feel bad because he could be making around a million per year in renewals but instead is happy with free health insurance and a "pension". Ill be honest Medicareguy, I envy your 4000 client book of biz but man it would drive me crazy knowing I was whoring myself out for some cheap bennies when I could have been making over 1 million per year in as an indy.

I wonder how many he would've had as an IA. It almost sounds like he's an order taker.

If I am in this business for 30 years and still pimping.... Please somebody shoot me, cuz I did something wrong with my life.

I was just thinking the other day (since I just turned 30), if I do 15 medsupps per month for the next 30 years, my retirement would look pretty good (and yes people will die, and Id have to roll customers every 4 or 5 years, but regardless..)

I was just thinking the other day (since I just turned 30), if I do 15 medsupps per month for the next 30 years, my retirement would look pretty good (and yes people will die, and Id have to roll customers every 4 or 5 years, but regardless..)

If you write 180 per year and service them well, you'll be making $400k plus in 10 years.

Back