Question for Medicareguy

Ok guys lets not make Medicareguy feel bad because he could be making around a million per year in renewals but instead is happy with free health insurance and a "pension". Ill be honest Medicareguy, I envy your 4000 client book of biz but man it would drive me crazy knowing I was whoring myself out for some cheap benifits that arent worth what your giving up in renewals and commission. You could have been making over 1 million per year as an independent agent, but if that captive agent kool-aide makes you feel all warm in fuzzy in side then more power to you. Who knows, maybe you wouldn't have been nearly as successful as an indy agent so maybe this was the right move for you.

But could he have written 4000 clients independently. Most likely not, so his deal may not be so bad.

But could he have written 4000 clients independently. Most likely not, so his deal may not be so bad.

We have the local market manager here claim he gave up a book of 6,000 people in order to work for Humana. I call bullshit on that unless he was their CEO.:D:D

I don't know many who can. Not without support staff and a good marketing program anyway. But an independent agent doesn't need to write 4,000 to earn more income than a captive who does write 4,000.

----------

We have the local market manager here claim he gave up a book of 6,000 people in order to work for Humana. I call bullshit on that unless he was their CEO.:D:D

He's definitely full of BS. Unless he got all the people who enrolled in a PDP without the assistance of an agent assigned to him. I wouldn't even count a PDP only client as a client. Of course, I won't write a PDP unless they have a Med Supp with me so I don't have to worry about that.

I talked with a NC agent a couple of days ago and he mentioned a mutual acquaintance who specializes in Medigap. As I recall, he said this agent has been working his business for 7 or 8 years, has about 1,000 clients and an income in the $400k range.

That pretty much tracks what Scott posted above. Ignoring attrition that is only 125 new clients per year for 8 years.

Now if only I can live for another 8 years ........

I talked with a NC agent a couple of days ago and he mentioned a mutual acquaintance who specializes in Medigap. As I recall, he said this agent has been working his business for 7 or 8 years, has about 1,000 clients and an income in the $400k range.

That pretty much tracks what Scott posted above. Ignoring attrition that is only 125 new clients per year for 8 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just gotta do 3 apps per week. And be patient.

I have heard of a few people that own call centers in florida, doing telesales for medsupps, they are killing it.

I wrote my first Med Supp in 1978. Last week, 5 died and I wrote 7.

If my math is correct, those folks were 102. You had 37 years of renewals. Pretty dang good.

I have heard of a few people that own call centers in florida, doing telesales for medsupps, they are killing it.

It's possible. We have a forum veteran who doesn't come around much any more that had a Medigap call center. It was break even the first year for him. Had to run it for a couple of years to make it profitable.

Takes a special person to make a call center work.

Back