Question on Scheduling Issues.

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
What do you say when someone says "I am normally free on Mondays and Tuesdays" and it's too late to schedule for a Monday or Tuesday?

You say I'll only be in for about five minutes and they say "well I don't know if I'm available during the days aside from those two days."

I've been getting this a lot lately and now I have one person to see.... on Monday at 1pm.

ALSO a few people have asked me "what do you need to see me for?" What are your responses?

What do you say when someone says "I am normally free on Mondays and Tuesdays" and it's too late to schedule for a Monday or Tuesday?

You say I'll only be in for about five minutes and they say "well I don't know if I'm available during the days aside from those two days."

I've been getting this a lot lately and now I have one person to see.... on Monday at 1pm.

ALSO a few people have asked me "what do you need to see me for?" What are your responses?

You say "Im not gonna be there Monday or Tuesday, Im gonna be there tomorrow" If they are really interested they will make time for 15 minutes, if not throw lead in trash and call next one, they were not serious anyway.

Not sure how ANYONE can make a living calling leads for appointments!

My first job many many moons ago in retail I was trained "NEVER ask a question they can say NO to--dont EVER say 'Can I help you?" --wait till they are admiring something and say "You have good taste!" how can they argue? Maybe you can alter it to "You requested this information---I will be there Wednesday to drop it off" and leave it at that? See what they say

But--Im a door knocker only. People say "My number is on the card--why didn't you call for an appointment?" and I say "OK--I say HI THIS IS JOE BLOW lets talk about death--would you see me?" and they laugh like crazy and agree

Not sure how ANYONE can make a living calling leads for appointments! My first job many many moons ago in retail I was trained "NEVER ask a question they can say NO to--dont EVER say 'Can I help you?" --wait till they are admiring something and say "You have good taste!" how can they argue? Maybe you can alter it to "You requested this information---I will be there Wednesday to drop it off" and leave it at that? See what they say But--Im a door knocker only. People say "My number is on the card--why didn't you call for an appointment?" and I say "OK--I say HI THIS IS JOE BLOW lets talk about death--would you see me?" and they laugh like crazy and agree

You're going to be rich!!! You got this... ;?

Not sure how ANYONE can make a living calling leads for appointments! My first job many many moons ago in retail I was trained "NEVER ask a question they can say NO to--dont EVER say 'Can I help you?" --wait till they are admiring something and say "You have good taste!" how can they argue? Maybe you can alter it to "You requested this information---I will be there Wednesday to drop it off" and leave it at that? See what they say But--Im a door knocker only. People say "My number is on the card--why didn't you call for an appointment?" and I say "OK--I say HI THIS IS JOE BLOW lets talk about death--would you see me?" and they laugh like crazy and agree

http://youtu.be/7JlPjSTRkIA

When I knock I say very little- "Mrs Smith?" Yes?--and hand them the copy of the card--"You sent this in a week or so ago"--Yes I did--"I have the information with me that you requested--do you have a minute?"

Theres NEVER any of the phone setting issues like "I won't be home" or "I didnt send that in" etc etc etc.

And amazing how often I sell them something OTHER than FE!

Id' say drop the dang phone and knock on the door

When I knock I say very little- "Mrs Smith?" Yes?--and hand them the copy of the card--"You sent this in a week or so ago"--Yes I did--"I have the information with me that you requested--do you have a minute?"

Theres NEVER any of the phone setting issues like "I won't be home" or "I didnt send that in" etc etc etc.

And amazing how often I sell them something OTHER than FE!

Id' say drop the dang phone and knock on the door

Yeah, when I haven't gotten the appointment because they don't pick up the phone I just go and door knock. It's incredible because they will say they remember the card and that they thought they would be mailed something. I use what JD mentioned once which was "we already sent you something. I'm here to give you the information. Do you have five minutes?" So far not a problem.

Another time one person said "I already have life insurance. Thank you." And hung up l. I went to go see him and magically he wanted more life insurance and remembered sending the card in. When I went through the questions I asked if he had prior life insurance and he told me yes, but when we spoke to the POS clerk he said no.

Yes, I understand. Most of the times they never pick up so I end up door knocking either way. If they are younger I'll go later in the day.

Yeah, when I haven't gotten the appointment because they don't pick up the phone I just go and door knock. It's incredible because they will say they remember the card and that they thought they would be mailed something. I use what JD mentioned once which was "we already sent you something. I'm here to give you the information. Do you have five minutes?" So far not a problem.

Another time one person said "I already have life insurance. Thank you." And hung up l. I went to go see him and magically he wanted more life insurance and remembered sending the card in. When I went through the questions I asked if he had prior life insurance and he told me yes, but when we spoke to the POS clerk he said no.

Yes, I understand. Most of the times they never pick up so I end up door knocking either way. If they are younger I'll go later in the day.

You must have written one of them newfangled complete phone apps....ive never had any pos ask about current or previous coverage, other than oxford but its on the app.

Back