Question

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I probably should post in tech section but I don't think I would get as much exposure.

Recently I have had trouble with my previous email provider, I called my CRM company and they would not integrate with anyone else, They said we have an email in CRM, I explained my problems with it and I could not get it to work right.

I've been with them for 1 year and 7 months

I changed CRM's and called the old CRM to cancel, They tell me I am on a yearly contract and have to pay through SEPT.

Can they enforce this, Do I have recourse?

More of a legal question.

Ultimately it depends upon the contract and their desire to enforce it. They could always turn you over to collections if you don't pay. It could go on your credit record and of course you could try to dispute it if that happens.

More of a legal question.

Ultimately it depends upon the contract and their desire to enforce it. They could always turn you over to collections if you don't pay. It could go on your credit record and of course you could try to dispute it if that happens.

Im so pissed, I have been working my credit for last 10 years to take it from the bottom to the top.

They never mentioned it when I signed, you those contracts are like a million pages for every little thing you do from cell phone to CC's to Supermarket card who can read every little print.

I will pay it to avoid credit issues but it's going to be more the $1500 for a thing I am not using anymore.

I just feel there should be something I could do, I feel like there has to be some law to protect against companies taking advantage like this and holding hostage by credit

Im so pissed, I have been working my credit for last 10 years to take it from the bottom to the top.

They never mentioned it when I signed, you those contracts are like a million pages for every little thing you do from cell phone to CC's to Supermarket card who can read every little print.

I will pay it to avoid credit issues but it's going to be more the $1500 for a thing I am not using anymore.

I just feel there should be something I could do, I feel like there has to be some law to protect against companies taking advantage like this and holding hostage by credit

You should provide the name of this company so others can avoid using them in the future.

You should provide the name of this company so others can avoid using them in the future.

I will certainly after I try and negotiate with them. I am due to be charged by the 5th or so, I want to try and resolve this first. But I promise I will state name soon

Remember, it goes both ways. Just as insureds have a duty to read the application and policy, we have a duty to read the contracts we sign. We don't want a world where people can say, "I didn't read what I signed so I shouldn't be held to it."

I would read over the contract, see if there is a way out. See if they failed to live up to what was promised.

Had something similar happen to me. Had a tech company(Email Encryption -Virtru) say that I had to give a 30-day notice to cancel or I would get charged the annual fee. Even though they didn't have a number.I paid it and I am currently contesting the charge on my credit card.

Remember, it goes both ways. Just as insureds have a duty to read the application and policy, we have a duty to read the contracts we sign. We don't want a world where people can say, "I didn't read what I signed so I shouldn't be held to it."

I would read over the contract, see if there is a way out. See if they failed to live up to what was promised.

I skimmed it but you cant tell me you sit and really read every contract, Everything has a long contract there is not enough hours in day

And no Insured always has an opportunity to blame the agent, Even when its plain upfront black and white(not small Print)

I had an issue a few years ago a woman was interested in a duel plan, when I told her the vision only paid every 2 years she told me that would not work for her, I said no problem and she called me 2 days later and said she would sign up even though it was every 2 years

Later she complained I never told her about the 2 years, Even it was not in small print it was very easy to see on the summary.

She got her glasses and I never sold another duel again

I skimmed it but you cant tell me you sit and really read every contract, Everything has a long contract there is not enough hours in day

And no Insured always has an opportunity to blame the agent, Even when its plain upfront black and white(not small Print)

I had an issue a few years ago a woman was interested in a duel plan, when I told her the vision only paid every 2 years she told me that would not work for her, I said no problem and she called me 2 days later and said she would sign up even though it was every 2 years

Later she complained I never told her about the 2 years, Even it was not in small print it was very easy to see on the summary.

She got her glasses and I never sold another duel again

You miss my point. We do need people to be held to the contract they sign, and while sometimes people complain and aren't held to it, many times they are. Generally the more it would cost the company the more they hold the line.

Also, I never claimed to read everyone of these contracts in full, but I also do try to skim them for anything like this if I don't read it in full.

Finally, I'm sympathetic to your plight. I had a similar situation with a lead vendor. They delivered nothing but garbage, I asked them for a refund so they said no. I then disputed it with the credit card company since they were not living up to the contract. I received a full refund from the credit card company. They then tried to send me to collections over it. I sent a certified letter to the collection agency saying to prove I owed it. I haven't heard a word since and there is no report on my credit.

So again, I would review the contract and look for a way they did not uphold it. Also, I wouldn't be afraid in the least to cost them in bad PR whatever they made me pay.

I will certainly after I try and negotiate with them. I am due to be charged by the 5th or so, I want to try and resolve this first. But I promise I will state name soon
Call them and tell them you'll post their name and how they're screwing you on an Insurance Forum that has over 72,000 members. Not good advertizing for them. :yes:

Latest posts

Back