Recently Released from Nursing Home

I have a lead that I tried to put off until next week because he said his wife was getting out of the nursing home on Saturday. When I tried to make him a call back, he really wanted to meet tomorrow. So I set the appointment. Anyway, what kinda options do I have for the wife? Sounds GI at the moment. Anybody know of a carrier that only asks the nursing home/hospital question in the present tense? Like "Are you currently...?"

When in doubt do what GOONER does...just write AETNA!!!

I have a lead that I tried to put off until next week because he said his wife was getting out of the nursing home on Saturday.

When I tried to make him a call back, he really wanted to meet tomorrow. So I set the appointment.

Anyway, what kinda options do I have for the wife? Sounds GI at the moment. Anybody know of a carrier that only asks the nursing home/hospital question in the present tense? Like "Are you currently...?"
The Nursing Home question will probably be he least of your problems.. Unless she was there due to an accidental injury, she most likely has a fairly serious condition that will be a KO on most apps for immediate benefit. If, she were confined due to an accident, she will probably have some ADL limitations when she gets home.. That may even be the case in case of illness. People seldom come home from nursing home stays without some type of Home Health Care followup. Have a couple of the better graded and ROP plan apps on hand for her.

Perhaps he just wants coverage on himself because this has brought to his attention how much he needs and how quickly things can change?

The Nursing Home question will probably be he least of your problems.. Unless she was there due to an accidental injury, she most likely has a fairly serious condition that will be a KO on most apps for immediate benefit. If, she were confined due to an accident, she will probably have some ADL limitations when she gets home.. That may even be the case in case of illness. People seldom come home from nursing home stays without some type of Home Health Care followup. Have a couple of the better graded and ROP plan apps on hand for her. Perhaps he just wants coverage on himself because this has brought to his attention how much he needs and how quickly things can change?

Yeah that's what I figure will happen. Wasn't planning on spending too much time there.

It seemed so ironic when I got the email announcement of Outford's new senior underwriter last night after I got burned by yet another PHI yesterday.

The case seemed like it should have been a slam dunk. Instead I'm slamming the trunk on them until their underwriting department wants to get their phone interviewers more in line with asking only questions from the app or rewording the app according to their stiffer underwriting and MIB research. All no's on the app and one current script for anxiety to take as needed and yet again, I went through a roller coaster of a PHI that ended in a decline.

Ha ha - to their credit, they called me back within 20 minutes to reverse the decline. To their demise, I had already filled out an RNA app and breezed through the PHI. I gave them one more shot because they were less expensive in this situation and I have a debit balance hanging over from a bunch of other Phone Interrogations that ended in charge backs. It will be easier to pay them off with a CC.

Good luck with that...you guys are nuts. There is no way I'd even try Oxford with someone fresh out of a home. Who knows what mess they gave her and there's usually a reason for being there.

----------

Now that's funny. .

Yeah good point. I have written two with them in around 3 years. just to keep the contract. I think they were $5,000 each. Speaking of which, I think I need another $5,000 policy on myself this year.

Enjoy them while you have them. A little birdie tells me that product is either going away or will start MIBs and script checks in the next few months.

Enjoy them while you have them. A little birdie tells me that product is either going away or will start MIBs and script checks in the next few months.

Still a great product, I ain't scared of no script check. Hell, if they put out a drug list id be happy now

Back