Repeal and Replace

The costs aren't coming down til we go single payor/ Medicare for all.

Which was probably the point all along.

The costs aren't coming down til we go single payor/ Medicare for all.

Won't happen.

There are folks in Congress (and on this forum) calling for reduced Medicare benefits, higher premiums and more cost shifting in order to save Medicare. Roughly 50M on Medicare, another 50M on Medicaid (fed and state funding).

Adding another 100M or so to Medicare can't happen without SERIOUS increases in taxes.

Given the number of people that don't like Obamacare (now that they know how it really works) I don't see the Gruberized stupid voters clamoring for more govt programs.

Why isn't auto insurance guaranteed acceptance, no regard to car type, no regard to prior tickets, covers previous damage and has unlimited claims?

In America, we have a right to Life, among other things (like Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness). Health insurance/care is pretty essential to life. Denying coverage or care is essentially denying life.

Nothing guarantees your right to an automobile. It's a privilege at best, and a luxury for many.

In America, we have a right to Life, among other things (like Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness). Health insurance/care is pretty essential to life. Denying coverage or care is essentially denying life.

I think you're a bit confused.

The right to life never meant the right the health insurance. If you want to stretch this, I can almost see a case for heathCARE being a right. What we need are those greedy doctors, labs, pharma and hospitals to offer all their care for free.

A house (or at least some sort of shelter) is also essential to life. Let me call my mortgage company and point out they are violating the Constitution.

Rick

2-9-2015

The GOP redesign of ObamaCare is Great!
GOP Patient Care Act a better deal

No..it Stinks!
Under GOP plan, pay more for junk insurance, leave more uninsured | TheHill

IMO, reducing subsidy-eligibility from 400% down to 300% of FPL is a horrible idea. Someone who earns 290% of FPL will get a $15 subsidy to help pay their $700 monthly premium. That's craaazy.

The GOP have the nerve to name this ObamaCare replacement, the CARE act? Reminds me of how our BCBS-IL has named their skimpiest PPO the "Choice" plan. They've screwed thousands of families with this misleading labeling.
ac

I think you're a bit confused.

The right to life never meant the right the health insurance. If you want to stretch this, I can almost see a case for heathCARE being a right. What we need are those greedy doctors, labs, pharma and hospitals to offer all their care for free.

A house (or at least some sort of shelter) is also essential to life. Let me call my mortgage company and point out they are violating the Constitution.

Rick

You don't die when you go outside. You don't need a home to live, and being homeless isn't a death sentence.

Denying insurance to help pay for life saving treatments JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS A CONDITION WHERE THEY NEED LIFE SAVING TREATMENTS is a different situation entirely. Guaranteed issue is what I'm referring to, not free care. I admit it's a stretch, but reasonably speaking, you'd say a doctor killed his patient if he refused to help although he has the ability, wouldn't you?

You don't die when you go outside. You don't need a home to live, and being homeless isn't a death sentence.

Denying insurance to help pay for life saving treatments JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS A CONDITION WHERE THEY NEED LIFE SAVING TREATMENTS is a different situation entirely. Guaranteed issue is what I'm referring to, not free care. I admit it's a stretch, but reasonably speaking, you'd say a doctor killed his patient if he refused to help although he has the ability, wouldn't you?

So we agree. It's not insurance that is a right, it's that a doctor needs to treat patients for free.

Thanks for clarifying.

Rick

So we agree. It's not insurance that is a right, it's that a doctor needs to treat patients for free.

Thanks for clarifying.

Rick

whooo ahhhh

excellent job here but you may be speaking with a liberal health insurance agent. these are illusive and rare creatures can be confused with libtards

whooo ahhhh

excellent job here but you may be speaking with a liberal health insurance agent. these are illusive and rare creatures can be confused with libtards

Now now. He lives in NY that has had GI for health insurance for years. And the highest prices in the nation because of that.

He just wants the same for everyone.

Rick

What we need are those greedy doctors, labs, pharma and hospitals to offer all their care for free.

Could be possible. Seems like 'we' got all those greedy health insurance agents to offer their services for free. ;)

Maybe not this year or next year or the year afterward, but in our lifetime there will be single payor... no agents, no insurance companies, no hassle.

'Though patience be a tired mare, yet she will plod.'
William Shakespeare , Henry V, Act II, sc. 1

Latest posts

Back