Resold Leads

George H Hartzman

I have a feeling a lot of leads purchased by independent contractors in the past couple of years were resold and resold and on and on.

Most of the sellers of the leads must have known.
"How Prudential’s Big Tech Bet Went Sour

Insurer has written down $2.3 billion deal by about half and faces regulatory scrutiny

...The deal for Assurance IQ has badly missed its financial targets and left Prudential facing questions from regulators. In February, Prudential said it wrote down the investment by roughly half.

...At one point, Assurance got leads from Publishers Clearing House.

...Prudential disclosed in a February filing that it had received a government subpoena and other inquiries “related to the appropriateness of Assurance IQ’s supplemental health product sales and marketing activity.”

...Assurance’s scientists developed search-engine, social-media and other online marketing techniques to steer millions of potential customers to Assurance’s websites. The firm earns extra revenue by selling consumer data to other entities.

...Hundreds of complaints had been mounting at the Better Business Bureau. Many people said they felt besieged by calls after providing contact details. “I had to turn off my phone,” one said.

...At the Federal Communications Commission, consumer groups questioned Assurance’s consent process for such calls. The National Consumer Law Center contended in a 2020 filing that Assurance’s website wasn’t properly warning consumers that clicking the “View My Quote” button made them vulnerable to hearing from 174 entities then listed by Assurance as partners, providing an array of products and services. Assurance said its approach fully complies with rules, and the matter is pending.

One of Assurance’s websites recently listed about 2,000 partners.

Prudential says it shares insurance leads with no more than two to five partners, depending on product type, and it is ending certain sales of contact information. “If the lead isn’t something we can solve with a product sale, we want it to go directly to a carrier that can solve it, as opposed to another distributor where the consumer gets passed, you know, multiple times,” Mr. Sullivan said."

How Prudential’s Big Tech Bet Went Sour- Vigour Times
"And yes, the exclusive, real-time data DigitalBGA generated for our overseas call centers was being re-sold to other call centers.

Jeff Root

I have a feeling a lot of leads purchased by independent contractors in the past couple of years were resold and resold and on and on.

200.gif

A couple questions

What is the point you are getting at? I am not reading all of that.

I skimmed the article and did not see the quote you are attributing to Jeff Root. Did I miss it?

I'm confused too seems to be saying the whole article is from Jeff Root except the link states is from Leslie something or other

Back