Selling Door to Door?

astreeter

I am a newer agent and I am not as busy as I would like. I have done some cold calling, purchased and continue to purchase leads, and get referrals when possible but I am considering going door to door. I get my finance degree in December and then I will have a lot more time as I will no longer be a full time student. I am considering the Edward Jones model of 50-100 door knocks a day. Just say, "hello, My name is Andrew I am growing my business. I wanted to let you know that I am in the area and if you ever would like to see if we can save you some money off of your current insurance or if your insurance needs have grown give me a call"....Nothing to pushy, give them a letter, business card, and maybe a brochure. I think that if I did this, put in 60 hour weeks for a good year or two, I would be sitting pretty. Once again, this is very similar to the Edward Jones model. Whats your thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? Do this, no that? What do you have for me. Thanks for you thoughts!!!

I would agree 100% that if you knock on doors for a few years, you will have a successful business of your own. You will either fail at it and move on to a different tactic or you will build a nice base of clients and referrals will come.

Start with the leads you purchased or the people you called. Go knock on their door. See how you like it.

The first few doors of the day are always going to be the hardest. Just ignore the blowhards and a-holes out there. There are many, many more that will be glad to see you.

Senior marketing final expense insurance has worked wonders for me using the door knock approach, especially in apartment complexes.

Hey padthaiforlunch,

thats a great tip, thanks!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am selling health under 65 and over 65, life, dental, vision...I will get into P & C once my book is big enough to justify the jump.

Last edited:
If nothing else, when you run appointments/leads and have some time before the next one, knock on 5-10 houses before heading out. This keeps you from going out of your way and can help concentrate on a certain area.

Senior marketing final expense insurance has worked wonders for me using the door knock approach, especially in apartment complexes.

Do you go off a list or is it random door knocking looking for seniors?

Back