Selling Mortgage Protection by Phone

Dave that's why an airline doesn't like to hire a air force pilot or publix doesn't like to hire a Kroger worker. They learned a certain way to retrain them is tough . It's easier to train someone from scratch with no opinions

Dave that's why an airline doesn't like to hire a air force pilot or publix doesn't like to hire a Kroger worker. They learned a certain way to retrain them is tough . It's easier to train someone from scratch with no opinions
Any real evidence of this assertion? That's the first time I've ever heard this and it makes no sense at all. I've seen the exact opposite.

Any real evidence of this assertion? That's the first time I've ever heard this and it makes no sense at all. I've seen the exact opposite.

I know quite a few sales managers that feel this way.

They'd much rather teach someone "their way" from scratch rather than having to unravel years of their new hire having done something to the contrary.

Yes yrs ago delta was the only airline that would accept former fighter pilots . Most airlines deemed them as to risky and dare devilish to fly passengers .At least that's what I was told by former F-16 pilots.

They'd much rather teach someone "their way" from scratch rather than having to unravel years of their new hire having done something to the contrary.

Exactly. Most people with a bunch of experience think they know everything and aren't coachable. When I was a sales manager I hired this guy with 20 years of sales experience. I thought I hit the jack pot. Wrong. The 18 year old kid that never had a sales job put had a great personality out performed him by double all the time. :cool:

Then there's this Boiler Room quote:

Jim Young: Okay, before we get started, I have one question, has anyone here passed a Series Seven exam?
Man: (raises his hand) I have a Series Seven license.
Jim: Good for you. You can get up too.
Man: What? Why?
Jim: We don't hire brokers here, we train new ones.

There's plenty more for the Jim Young recruiting speech here: (plenty of profanity)
Boiler Room

Then there's this Boiler Room quote: Jim Young: Okay, before we get started, I have one question, has anyone here passed a Series Seven exam? Man: (raises his hand) I have a Series Seven license. Jim: Good for you. You can get up too. Man: What? Why? Jim: We don't hire brokers here, we train new ones. There's plenty more for the Jim Young recruiting speech here: (plenty of profanity) Boiler Room

I can't Believe you found that.... Loved that movie back in the day.... Now I have to see if it is on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Yes yrs ago delta was the only airline that would accept former fighter pilots . Most airlines deemed them as to risky and dare devilish to fly passengers .At least that's what I was told by former F-16 pilots.

Ok that's different than just saying air force pilot, I am familiar with quite a few KC-135 who were actively recruited by the airlines.

I was talking about Air Force pilots specifically.

Back