Senior Life recruitment letter

I received a letter from SL about a seminar they are holding in Mobile, AL. I am not interested in going, but what Ron Powell states in the document is hard to believe. First he says he started working in the field at age 18 and by age 23 he was making over a million dollars a year. Did he make that much selling life insurance? Then he continues to say all agents with SL have the same ability. Does any agent selling SL make a million dollars a year? Sounds too good to be true. I know a few SL agents are on the forum so I was wondering what they have to say about this.

Most salesmen are liars. It's true!!! They take one year or even one month of high production and state that is their normal income. Not that this person didn't make a million dollars. However, that is normally just bluster.

Often you will find agents with off the chart numbers are putting their name on the applications others write. I once wrote a $400,000 annuity while at a career agency and the general manager asked me if he could put his name on the application. He didn't want any of the money, but he needed the numbers. Just one example. There are many. I know of agents that have call centers and their name goes on every application.

These people are usually high achievers and deserve respect as not many people can build these systems.

Back