Set up for Telephone Sales

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
What is a simple set up for doing telephone sales? Seems it would be hard to use your telephone even with it on speaker phone.

Are you on landline or mobile? If mobile, just get a computer type headset with a mic. Even WalMart has those. If you’re calling out from your home phone, you can get a headset for that on Amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B00ZP2H49I
OK, I have a headset that I bought several years ago but it plugs into my computer..(not USB) Can't use it with my cell phone.. My home phone is a Verizon Home Phone..

Last edited:
OK, I have a headset that I bought several years ago but it plugs into my computer.. Can't use it with my cell phone.. My home phone is a Verizon Home Phone..
You could use that headset to make Skype calls from your computer. I sometimes call from Skype when I’m having signal problems on my mobile. They charge for voice calls, but it’s pretty cheap.

WalMart, Best Buy or Office Depot, or even your mobile phone store will have one for your cell phone. If your phone has a headphone jack, they’re pretty cheap. I’ve been using one I got from Office Depot.

I would prefer to use my house phone for better audio clarity, but there’s no jack in my office, which is a converted bedroom. (I may get one installed if this situation goes on much longer.) I used a headset for many years with my house phone when phoning for appointments. It was like the one from Amazon I linked to above. It works with a standard desk phone. You just remove the handset, then plug the headset into that port.

Edit: one more point - if you use your house phone, you need to be able to do 3-way calls with it. Now that I think about it, that might be the main reason I’m doing calls with my iPhone. Adding a third party call on iPhone is super simple!

Last edited:
This is my headset:

https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/mb-pro-1-and-mb-pro-2

I use it to call through my computer but if I have to run out while talking w/ someone, I can flip the call to my cell phone and the headset connects to that simultaneously.

You should really look into a VOIP-based system like Ringcentral or Dialpad. Being able to click and dial a phone number is very convenient and efficient.

I use a Sennheiser binaural as well. Great quality. Mine is older and wired to my land line.

I have a binaural headset that uses the same plug size as my computer and Note 8.

I get more calls and text to my Google Voice number than my office line. I answer both calls and text from the computer. Super easy.

Being an older Vet, like many Vets, I have hearing issues. The Binaural, over both ears, works best for me. With or without hearing aids.

I like google as well, use the settings to record your own message, get rid of the google voice and change to have voicemails come thru your mobile number, and computer.Use a headset with usb your good to go.

I run windows, and my note10 can connect to my computer via bluetooth. This allows you to use your keyboard as your dial pad.

Also... note10 can handle 2 devices at once so I can also run my bluetooth head set.

Back