SIAP - Plan G v Plan N CIGNA research

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was reviewing the info CIGNA emailed out in Feb. Basically stating Plan G premiums would start to go up due to GI and Plan N will become more popular. What are y'alls thoughts on the Plan N v PLan G

I mail an Excel spreadsheet quoting rates from 24 companies which is attached to a brochure "Don't Overpay on Your Medicare Supplement Policy. It Could Cost You Thousands of Dollars!"

The spreadsheet shows BOTH Plan N and Plan G. When I follow up with a phone call, we almost always talk about Plan G (because it has $0 copay for doctor visits).

I keep it simple (Keep It Simple Stupid) and don't talk much about rate details and future rate hikes. If they ask, I will explain that every company raises rates in the future because the cost of healthcare is increasing every year.

Here in California, I use AARP UnitedHealthcare and Blue Shield. They have kept their rate increases to an acceptable level. If they do impose a high increase, I will contact the client and switch them to another carrier.

I was reviewing the info CIGNA emailed out in Feb. Basically stating Plan G premiums would start to go up due to GI and Plan N will become more popular. What are y'alls thoughts on the Plan N v PLan G

Caveat, not an agent.

I think that topic pretty much got beaten to death here in the two years preceeding the "disappearance" of Plan F.

It seems to me that someone may be attempting to impress you with their insurance acumen by presenting, as new news, something agents have been discussing for over 3 years.

1. Sending out a spreadsheet with 24 companies is not what I call a KISS approach.

2. Lost Dollar has obviously accepted the job of national spokesperson for agents across America. He dictates our narrative, and G or N is not trending. Please get approval from LD before making a post.

Caveat, not an agent.

I think that topic pretty much got beaten to death here in the two years preceeding the "disappearance" of Plan F.

It seems to me that someone may be attempting to impress you with their insurance acumen by presenting, as new news, something agents have been discussing for over 3 years.

it may have been beaten to death. CIGNA wrote the information. I doubt they were trying to “impress” me, alleged to have been based on recent research, not agent opinion.

I mail an Excel spreadsheet quoting rates from 24 companies which is attached to a brochure "Don't Overpay on Your Medicare Supplement Policy. It Could Cost You Thousands of Dollars!"

The spreadsheet shows BOTH Plan N and Plan G. When I follow up with a phone call, we almost always talk about Plan G (because it has $0 copay for doctor visits).

I keep it simple (Keep It Simple Stupid) and don't talk much about rate details and future rate hikes. If they ask, I will explain that every company raises rates in the future because the cost of healthcare is increasing every year.

As a consumer I find this approach problematic. You, as an insider know what is happening in the market and what realistically may happen. Since G is GI you know, based on the experience with Plan F, that rate increases are likely and at more accellerated rate than Plan N. Do you think you owe the customer that information?

If they get locked out of a future change because of underwriting how will they feel about your KISS approach? How would you feel?

Most companies that I use allow you to downgrade from G to N with no underwriting. IF and when G has a blow up in prices, then N could be an option. Nobody has a crystal ball. I write more healthy clients on G then I do unhealthy.

Most companies that I use allow you to downgrade from G to N with no underwriting. IF and when G has a blow up in prices, then N could be an option. Nobody has a crystal ball. I write more healthy clients on G then I do unhealthy.
Which companies still allow this ?

Back