So - I've Received Notification that my Pre-ACA Policy is Cancelled

A. We have never even exchanged message or emails, let alone referrals

B. I took the time to look up rates in Kansas City for new plans, quoted what was provided, and it came out that you were in your 60's. if you live in an area with a higher community rating then your rate is higher at a younger age, that's pretty straight forward and has nothing to do with health history. My comment about your health history was more based on 'how can you not have health insurance with your health history?'

C. I don't want your referrals and don't need them, I've reached the point where I turn business down sometimes because I have a good sized book and can only support so many.

D. I don't really care what you do, if you think being a health insurance broker means not spending an extra $100 a month on yourself while enrolling other people dealing with the same unfortunate decision, enjoy yourself, I don't work that way.

E. I gave my opinion to a publicly posted thread, if you don't like it then don't post stuff about yourself.

You must care based on the detailed response and simmering anger in your post . . . not sure how you look up rates, but you were incorrect . . . . anyway - thanks for the love . . . .:err:

----------

Then my phone bill is going up 64%.

Cadylou, I have a high deductible HSA, and I'm about your age. My premium was $332 for just me alone, and is going to $535. On a $5,000 deductible HSA ($10k per family)! That is just my portion. I also have a husband and 4 children. Our family premiums are outlandish.

I look at it this way. Thank God I'm not subsidized. I can make enough money to pay the extra premium. Being insured is better than the alternative.

As always Ann, you're right. I'm going to go with an HSA, because anymore it's the ONLY option that makes any sense if you have the ability to fund it. I've been recommending this to clients who are able to fund one as well. But - people still have a right to be really angry about what's happened here. . . . .

We've been angry for 4 years, where yah been. Lots of new angry voters out there now that that r seeing how it affects them personally

I'm going to go with an HSA, because anymore it's the ONLY option that makes any sense if you have the ability to fund it. I've been recommending this to clients who are able to fund one as well. But - people still have a right to be really angry about what's happened here. . . . .

1. I'm glad you made a good decision for your own life. Your health is important and so are your finances. I hope you beat cancer forever, and have good coverage, too.

2. Being angry is also a good decision. Anger isn't a bad thing. Uncontrolled or misdirected anger is. So, let's hope lots of clients get mad just before the election, and direct their anger in the right place.

Being angry is also a good decision. Anger isn't a bad thing. Uncontrolled or misdirected anger is. So, let's hope lots of clients get mad just before the election, and direct their anger in the right place.

Which may be why rates aren't being released until election day in some states...

You must care based on the detailed response and simmering anger in your post . . . not sure how you look up rates, but you were incorrect . . . . anyway - thanks for the love . . . .:err:
QUOTE]

Ever heard of ehealth.com? they have almost all of the rates in any zip code.

As for 'simmering anger', you are the guy who posted about how pissed off you were, not me. I am way too busy helping clients both do the right thing and save money to have any feelings about your situation.

Another BS publication and article every group plan or individual plan we sold after March 2010 getting cancelled or changed... Change we can step in

Another BS publication and article every group plan or individual plan we sold after March 2010 getting cancelled or changed... Change we can step in

In Illinois every pre-2014 plan was allowed to continue until 2017. The state's dominant Individual Family Plan insurer, (BCBSIL 93% Marketshare), obliged. To date, not a single BCBSIL IFPlan has been cancelled.

But, 70% of those who had pre-2014 BCBSIL plans are now on ObamaScare Metal plans. Why? BCBSIL is turning up the heat with Happy Birthday premium increases, and large annual renewal increases. Clients are being forced to jump out of the pot to escape the pain. It's ongoing.

The Obama Admin is proudly proclaiming that pre-2014 plans aren't being cancelled, while simultaneously bragging about millions of people flocking to the marketplace's superior ObamaCare plans.

Even though this Administration distanced itself from the person of Jonathan Gruber, they are still consulting his "Americans are Stupid!" user-guide to compose their public communication pieces. Republican "leaders" may have even been snookered these lying press releases from HHS. Their pushback is dwindling.

Back